Evolution is Crap, there I said it!

by Crazyguy 261 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty
    I wonder how that first primitive lense came about? - Juila Orwell

Great question.

About 90% of the proteins in the human lens are called crystallins. It turns out that they are not unique to vision. Many crystallins are also enzymes that perform other functions around the body. The most abundant is α-crystallin shields other proteins from damage and can be found in the brain, liver, lung, spleen, skin and small intestine.

11 crystallins have been discovered 3 of which are found in the eyes of all vertebrates. The others vary from species to species. All of them also perform other functions.

Almost all proteins are transparent. As is so often the case, a protein that was already common has simply been pressed into service for a new function.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Thanks Cofty :)

@ John Mann: I hope that ad hominem introduction wasn't aimed at me. I'm not too stupid to know I'm stupid therefore I'm stupid enough to need to ask questions but not to stupid to not need them.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

Was not aimed to you, but to those whom deny to see reality after had contact with proper information.

I denied the ToE when I was a Dub, but when I made a serious research about it I could no more deny what is real.

Your question about the eye's lens was very intuitive.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I was raised with evolution and gave it up when I became a JW, but deep down I could never fully embrace their version of creation. It's a topic I spent a lot of time trying to reconcile. Even now I still believe in some sort of deistic interference, like what they call 'theistic evolution', but it's based on a 'god of the gaps' argument and nothing more. That being said, I don't believe evolution and a deity/spirit creatures are mutually exclusive. Spirituality is too deeply entrenched in humanity. Even if it's some sort of ultra-consciousness that's evolved, like those energy beings on Star Trek...lol. I'm open, but hopefully rationally open.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Who created Physics and in an earlier post someone showed a graft of a color changing to another, who created colors, again too many holes in your arguments. Radio waves, light waves, radar waves, sound waves, gravity, water, air, gases, etc. ????? Too many holes.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Well apparently they've always been around. I have no idea of the answer. Maybe there is a supreme being who created it. People say, 'if there's a supreme being, then who created it?' which really is a redundant argument as not knowing where something came from doesn't mean it doesn't exist. At this point in time however, science has found no hard proof of such a being. Scientist mostly adhere to a naturalist/materialist view of the universe.

Here's a mad theory: the Earth is a pimple and humans the pus. Armageddon is the Great Squeeze. I think I'm gonna start my own religion. I could get rich. Anyone wanna join? I'll make you rich too.

• QC
    QC

Crazy, yip too many holes. Check your mail.

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

CrazyGuy, now who's the one not responding to the issues at hand?

As has been mentioned several times so far in this thread if you would be so kind as to read them before posting... Your questions about light, colour, etc. cannot be solved by studying evolution. Those things are governed by the laws of physics. These laws do not change. It is possible that they could be the same in any and all universes, we cannot know that. If you want to know about physics, then learn about physics. You don't go to the doctor to have your car fixed, and your mechanic won't be able to help heal your broken bones. Stick to one theory at a time, please.

The fact that the laws of physics are in place has nothing to do with where they came from. They're complicated, sure, but that still does not mean they were created by somebody. In fact, they played a huge role in our universe coming to be.

In a post above I replied to every point in your OP. please respond. And keep in mind that just because I personally or we on this board who are humouring this silly debate are not qualified to succinctly answer your questions has no bearing on what the true answers to your questions are. Understand?

Go back, read all the posts in the last few pages of YOUR thread then please reply. And please don't bounce around subject to subject when you find yourself losing ground... A frustrating but common defence tactic of people with a poor defence.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Ummm. Function follows form. Hydrogen is the atomic number 1. It is made up of one electron. It is the lightest element, duh. The way hydrogen behaves can be explained by its form. Burn up an element and it emits a color signature. All elements are like this. Radio, light, radar, and sound waves all behave according to their form. Even the rainbows in a grease spot can be explained by the form of light waves and the interaction with the surface.

On the other end of the atomic table, scientists are busy creating new heavy (and short-lived) elements by convincing electrons to join. (Complex, by reason of form, is less stable). Are these scientists gods, or merely experts in form, and following that inquiry to creation?

The world is an amazing place. Finding out why everything behaves the way it does is a great intellectual journey. Don't sell it short.

• Shador
    Shador

Crazyguy said:

Who created Physics and in an earlier post someone showed a graft of a color changing to another, who created colors, again too many holes in your arguments. Radio waves, light waves, radar waves, sound waves, gravity, water, air, gases, etc. ????? Too many holes.

QC said:

Crazy, yip too many holes. Check your mail.

What does physics have to do with biological evolution? There are plenty of books about physics too. People have continually directed both of you to accurate scientific information that you refuse to read, instead choosing to recite the same tired creationist dogma that has been debunked ages ago.

Its such a shame. There's a whole wonderful, amazing world of knowledge and discovery out there that you're cutting yourself off from.

Guess its true: You can lead a fool to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think.

I'm done here. No, for realsies this time.

I can't tell people what to do but, honestly, I would stop responding to these 2. It is now painfully obvious that they don't WANT to learn.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit