Evolution is Crap, there I said it!

by Crazyguy 261 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

' please don't expect me to just go read a book and then all of a sudden believe everything'

Yet, there you are, believing and promoting this one book. Do you see that?

S

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Promoting what book?

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Wow... Spent a long time typing a nice post, page reloads... GONE. Thanks iPad.

Basically what I was saying was that decades in the WT have given you a distrust for science and medicine. Just asserting that scientists are lying does nothing to argue their points. In fact attacking them ad hominem shows you have no proper defence. The scientific community has a sort of immune system for this type of thing. If a known respected scientist were to be caught lying in his findings, his career would be over. When someone makes a new discovery, all of their work is challenged and peer reviewed before a paper can even be published publicly. Every idea in science is up for grabs, that's what drives them forward.

Nobody is expecting you to read on e book and drop your beliefs that you held dear for decades. Throughout this whole thread including the title and OP you have shown your ignorance. And the board hasn't been nice to you because of your arrogance. Obviously you were so confident that you we right that you felt justified in making such an absurd claim.

You don't feel that way anymore, do you. Every one of your arguments has been dismantled several times over. That's enough to make a guy stop and reconsider his position. Your position is that you don't understand the very things you say are crap! Make sense? Don't say you do understand, you have shown that you are clueless. Having recently woken up that is understandable, but only for so long. And only as long as you aren't being all arrogant in your ignorance. Read the books, at least you will understand the basics and ins and outs of this "crap" theory.

BTW, my offer still stands.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Oops, sorry. That was qc - the one about darwins doubts.

S

• cofty
    cofty
    I am now going to be much more critical minded. - Crazyguy

But you are not showing any critical thinking skills at all. You are taking the word of religiously motivated non-scientists instead of studying the mountain of evidence for yourself.

You are being extremely gullible.

There is not a single point you have made that won't make you cringe when you understand even the absolute basics.

You could read this thread...

and you could read one or more books from the following list or you could hold on to your misunderstanding and ignorance. Your choice.

"The making of the fittest" by Sean B Carroll

"Evolution, what the fossils say" by Donald Prothero

"Why Evolution is true" by Jerry Coyne

"Your Inner Fish" by Neil Shubin

"The Greatest Show on Earth" by Dawkins (summary of some of it here)

"Life Ascending" by Nick Lane

"Endless Forms Most Beautiful" by Sean B. Carroll.

• cantleave
    cantleave

To be honest if you are going to read some books I would start with "The Magic of Reality" by Richard Dawkins. It will give you a grounding in the basics of science including evolutionary biology.

• jgnat
    jgnat

"everytime some scientists seems to come up with some real good evidence, its later discovered he faked it"

Every time? There's your confirmation bias. The age of the earth, natural selection, have been tested hundreds of ways and they stand up to scrutiny.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

L

isa I'm sure you're more educated than me and why smarter in the subject of evolution but that doesn't mean i can just give away my doubts over to a so called expert in any field without asking questions. Would you go to a doctor and let him do surgery without asking some questions? And as for the field of study and the experts again they have been caught lying and fudging the evidence.

I don't have any education other than high school, nor am I well read on evolution. But when I realized the Watchtower lied about so many things I realized I had to rethink everything. I didn't automatically accept evolution, but I looked at it with an open mind. It didn't happen overnight, it was a process that is ongoing, I have learned a lot from the posters here. So it's not a bad thing that you are asking questions, you shouldn't just accept what others are telling you. But don't go at it with the mind set that others need to disprove creationism, you should look at is as you don't know which one is correct, and you need to look at both with the same scrutiny.

This is not the same as your experience with Zeitguist, that was one person, who obviously had an ax to grind. But the book you were pushing here supposedly disproving evolution is just the same, someone cherry picking facts facts and mis interpreting data in an attempt to make make creationists feel better about their ignorance, it's no better than Zeitguist. Evolution is accepted by the vast majority of scientists, because it can be proven in a number of different ways, and is constantly being verified and re-verified.

So, don't stop asking questions, just start listening to the answers.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

What does physics have to do with biological evolution?

Quite a lot, actually. It should be noted that QC and crazyguy have no idea what they are talking about, but physics has a lot to do with EVERYTHING.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Yes I have no idea what I am talking about and evolution is a proven fact, except one serious problem ladies and gentlemen, science can not and has not created life. Surely with all their vast resources and knowing all about life and mapping the Genome they should have been able to create life by now. I mean mother nature did it spontaneously without all the resources at her beck and call like scientists have so what gives???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit