Needed - a printable 2013 DC badge

by venetian 52 Replies latest watchtower bible

• okage
    okage

I'm confused by this need for a badge. Back in 2007, I went to a DC with my then-gf's (now wife's) sister. All I needed was a tie. No one looked at me funny or treated me like a non-Witness. Why does one need a badge?

• cantleave
    cantleave

I would come along with you, but the goatee might be a give away that I am no longer assimulated!

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

Is your time really worth that little? You're actually going to a convention just to record a talk? You do realize that the police or whatever authorities aren't going to do anything about it aside from thinking that perhaps you're a little loony.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Unless you're planning to attempt to get literature, it may actually be better to go without a badge. I went in a suit with a goatee, no badge, and I was assumed to be an 'unbelieving mate' and greeted with smiles by people who didn't know me. Some of 'em even did so in the hotel! I think somebody even hugged me, though my wife was trying to 'warn' them! This is a huge recruitment draw, a public event like this, so going 'badgeless' works, in theory.

I made a lovely 'Safeguard Your Sparlock!' District Convention badge awhile back. I didn't wear it, but it was pretty cool. Had a little picture of Sparlock on there, my name, and the congregation I got kicked out of.

--sd-7

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Question: if Venetian printed a badge off, would it have to have the right code in the bottom corner, according to area? Or is that code just generic? What does it mean?

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Haircut, shave, suit, tie and stick up your ass and you'll blend right in. Wife and I never wear tags and no one says boo.

• besty
    besty

If it was me I would get there early to get a decent trackside seat center stage near a loudspeaker and make sure I was as overt as possible without being distracting. Don't try to hide what you are doing.

Get a telescopic monopod and an external mic for the camcorder.

Lights! Camera! annnnnnndddd....Action!

• The Quiet One
  • Scully
    Scully

Oh, you could also pretend that you're a member of the local press, there to record the Baptismâ„¢ festivities.

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Just go to the lost and found table and pick some things up:) Badge, Bible, Songbook, mostly well worn, it's used free literature, its not stealing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit