jw.org store in Rouen, France

by breakfast of champions 88 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

This just amazes me. Donations can now be used to buy up store property for witnessing. I guess if the laws prevent a jw from witnessing on the corner, they now can in a comfortable building.

• sillygirl2013
    sillygirl2013

• This is a bit of a shocker to me. I'm planning a short day trip to Rouen one of these days (the office has a branch there) and I thought I'd stay on on a Saturday or so.

I'm perplexed and a little intrigued like everyone else on their choice of naming the place jw.org, I mean the French have NO clue what that is.

A bit annoyed that they've gone and planted a "store" there, but I might go in and pay a visit. I'm sure there will be the same fake (and sometimes genuine) smiles you see at the HQ , the ever so heartwarming warm welcome and the yadda yadda.

I'll report back when I get to that trip.

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

It's a charity shop they get it on the cheap.Business rates low or none existant .Some towns in the UK allow shops to open for a short time at subsidised costs to encourage trade.

It could be a great place for any so called apostates to inform the "staff" just where they are going wrong following the blind. Ask them if they are going to open a food bank while they are at it.

• Emery
    Emery

Why hasn't anyone dropped any aposta-bombs in the Facebook comments? Im tempted to shine some light on these peoples!

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Music to make you hypnotised you are getting very sleepy your eyelids are getting heavy you will do just as we tell you you will not mentally wake up until this generation passes away.

Where is the Watchtower logo on this religeous one stop shop.

• Coffee House Girl
  • edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

It will really look nice in December when they put up the decorations and Christmas lights with some seasonal music playing in the background.

If I lived near there I would wander in and say nice place do you sell birthday cards.

• sd-7
    sd-7

I'm blown away here. I'm wondering if I'm being pranked or something. A store????? They've gotten a lot of problems from the government in France, so maybe this is in part a way to help boost their image. Although....opening a storefront after having the government put the press on you on taxation issues seems almost contradictory, I would think...

I almost dread seeing stores like this pop up in the U.S. But hey, what are the odds? If it does work out well, though, it wouldn't surprise me if something similar to this showed up in New York somewhere...

--sd-7

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I would be tempted to go in and ask for a Bible.

We haven't had any in our congregation for 6 months.

Rub a Dub

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It looks like an apple store.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit