jw.org store in Rouen, France

by breakfast of champions 88 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

So householders in Rouen, France meeting a jw going door to door at their home can always say "I'm not interested if I ever get interested I'll go to your store and buy a book or something, bye"

• Glander
    Glander

They do piecework in the basement to help cover the world wide work -

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

This looks like the type of thing Scientologists do .

Are they trying to recruit homeless people that wander in .?

• *lost*
    *lost*

I think it's a subtle fom of deceit. Trickery.

Unsuspecting passer-bys will only see the 'Christian literature' aspect, it may pique their interest and draw them inside.

Once they are in the door, the sales pitch starts and they get suckered in to learn about 'Bible Truths'.

They dont make the 'jehovah's witness' connection, by the time they do, they may already be having a 'study'.

When I got caught, i had never even heard of jehovah's witnesses. So naive. Like lambs to the slaughter.

edit to add : maybe a 'wise' local will contact the local newspaper and put the community straight on it.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

What a progressive venture for the brothers to take. It is clear that the brothers are doing ALL they can to help reach as many as possible. The use of technology has helped to spread the Truth to more than ever before, and now, a "store" in a high traffic area.

.....................................................................................

I wonder if that's what was also said when the first Christian Scientist Reading Room opened ONE HUNDRED TWENTY-FIVE years ago....

Real cutting edge methods....

As an aside, I'd be surprised if this was a creation of the Branch. It's much more likely that the local congregation went way overboard in the new mobile display campaign. (I'm guessing a brother owned the empty store front and now gets a tax write off for "donating" to a non-profit.)

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Are they trying to recruit homeless people that wander in .?

If they were passing out snacks, maybe.

• Laika
    Laika

Interesting, I was in Rouen last summer, nice town, great cathedral, gets a few visitors as Joan of Arc was martyred there, but not masses. Certainly not the most obvious place to run a JW test store which is what I find weird about this...

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I'd be surprised if this was a creation of the Branch.

I'm 99.9% certain this was created by the branch (or even HQ), not by a circuit or local cong. This is their "Rouen Project" รก la "Manhattan Project"

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

Here's the video on You Tube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVCVnHoHNo4&list=UULS-YJqSpDC9LjGN-sSjHFg&index=1

Interestingly this brothers You Tube site (https://www.youtube.com/user/KamilLeviPyka?feature=watch) has a link to his Twitter account.

The link is broken but a quick search on Twitter find this annointed brother again: https://twitter.com/yahuwah5577

These new annointed are getting like policeman, younger and younger!

I love the internet.

• mariu
    mariu

I'm 99.9% certain this was created by the branch (or even HQ)

Certainly. And a mid-sized French city isn't such a strange choice for doing an experiment like this. It wouldn't upset anyone too much if the whole idea is called off after half a year, it's fairly close the the French Bethel, France has been difficult territory for them in the past years, and as said before I guess it doesn't cost them much. So why not Rouen, if they can make it there, they can make it everywhere This would also explain why they haven't announced it on JW.org yet - better check first if it works out.

This looks like the type of thing Scientologists do .

Exactly! I was wondering where I'd seen this before, and indeed Scientology has offices/stores like this. Plus of course Christian Science as mentioned, and even the Catholic Church has a kind of "information office" in my home town, quite similar to this. Which of course doesn't keep JWs from claiming that this is certainly a world premiere and proof of divine inspiration...

BTW, the Rouen KH doesn't look quite as Apple-Storeish as this...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit