jw.org store in Rouen, France

by breakfast of champions 88 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Sleek, modern furniture. . .

Refined logo and compelling graphic designs on the walls. . .

State-of-the-art LED lighting. . .

HDTV screens and interactive style displays. . .

All completely uncluttered by any (worldy) pedestrian traffic!

Looks marvelous!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

"look, we provide free bible access !"

Big deal. Google "bible online" and you get 233,000,000 results (0.19 seconds)

• pixel
    pixel

Oh my. Is this for real? how come is not in any letter or something? Maybe is a "pilot program"? Are they going to start to pop up in the USA? Who knows...

• sir82
    sir82

This is bizarre on so many levels....

Who is going to even know what "JW.org" is, aside from the 0.1% of the population that are already JWs? So who would be bothered to go inside?

How is this a reasonable business model - they're paying rent for a storefront and no revenue is generated?

Who is behind this - is it the Branch, or a local congregation / circuit that had a bright idea? If not initiated by the branch, I have to imagine they'd move to quash it yesterday.

So if the branch is behind it - again - what is the sense in this? How does this generate revenue? Maybe Rich Brother Landlord has donated an otherwise empty storefront and is charging no rent?

• pixel
    pixel

New attractive JW's witness store opens in FRANCE for 6 months trial period in the center of the city of ROUEN near the Bethel, dragging much attention since its location in a walking street. This is a FIRST in Europe, hoping it will bring good fruits, please check out the pictures below

Says the Facebook page.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

They'd get more foot traffic if they put a coffee shop or wine bar in there.

• jgnat
    jgnat

"Maybe Rich Brother Landlord has donated an otherwise empty storefront and is charging no rent?" - sir

My thought

• clarity
    clarity

That music .................. jesus!

The irony huh ....... selling god.

Table & chairs in the back room ...perfect to snag the

'unsuspecting' into a quick "bible" study demo!!!!!!!

• mariu
    mariu

Who is going to even know what "JW.org" is, aside from the 0.1% of the population that are already JWs?

But that's exactly the point. "Jehovah's Witnesses" triggers assocations like "cult", "crazy sect" in pretty much anyone's mind. That JW.ORG logo on the other hand could as well be a cosmetics or clothing brand.

It's certainly a good idea from a marketing perspective to get rid of the dusty old presentation they had, but of course it goes only skin deep. Same old ideology as before, just a bit of sugar coating. I'm pretty sure that back in Rutherford's day, the JWs must have appeared very progressive and modern as well, and in fact they've modernised their appearance every couple of decades.

It's funny to read the JW comments on this. Some go totally crazy over this, admitting that they never meet anyone in door to door service. Why? Well, obviously they must be shopping on high street and looking for groceries, shoes, and eternal life.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Same old ideology as before, just a bit of sugar coating.

Making it look like an Apple store does not mean there will be a line of customers out the front door.

Like most of what they do, the society isn't doing this because it is the most effective way to attract people - It may be one of the only ways to keep their slaves from getting bored!

A pretty expensive propaganda campaign against their own if you ask me.

I don't see this lasting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit