They lied to you Jack......

by Tech49 78 Replies latest jw experiences

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Welcome. That was an awesome introduction. I feel like I know you already.

You used the expression, "all the little things that I had put to the back of my mind and tried so hard to cover over with the blanket of 'faith...'"
    I like to say that a little voice was whispering to me that something was wrong, but I managed to ignore it until it started yelling. (Not an actual voice for all you fans.)

Please add any information you care to share about family damage as you woke up or family doing better now that you have changed.

• earthfire
    earthfire

Welcome! Thank you so much for sharing your story, I look forward to reading more of your experiences. One of my brothers is an elder, pioneer and missionary down in Ecuador. I worry for him, his wife and their little boy. I hope they wake up like you have. It's so incredibly frustrating not being able to say or do anything to help them along.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho
    My wife began to notice that whenever I would come home from an elders meeting, a glass of burbon was in order, I was not my usual self, and it took me a while to unwind and calm down. Most of the time, I couldn't get to sleep for a couple more hours. Really, truth be told, it was her observations that ended up becoming a part of me realizing that something needed to change. My family was suffering. She too has been aware of her "limitations", and is becoming increasingly less tolerant of B.S.

welcome!

isn't if funny how if you are "doing what you are supposed to be doing" the wife will actually foster resentment. As soon as you start to "nitpik" abou the org the wife (my wife anyway) immediately defends them.

Maybe its better for your wife to see you fade from your super-fine elder position than from an inactive R&F who must just not have enough faith

I look forward to reading more of stories!

woj

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Hello Hack Harper, Tech49. It is very nice to meet you.

Just Lois

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Godonyer Jack ! you are free at last.

It is a traumatic experience to realise that everything you thought was a certain way was not, it was all arse-backwards.

Leaving the WT after many years (I was born-in and in for decades), leaves you with a kind of PTSD, so treat yourself well, look after yourself, but at the same time be re-assured, the PTSD goes, and from your very first steps on the Free Road, life just gets better and better !

Looking forward to hearing more of your experiences.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Great first post Jack!

Here's a Zen moment for you............

"Silence is God's natural language......everything else is a bad translation."

• StAnn
    StAnn

Welcome, Jack. I hope to see your wife posting on here soon.

Where you from? If you're from Ohio, Indiana, or Kentucky, send me a PM.

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

Welcome Jack,

May you find some peace here. It is mind blowing to finally fully realize how much you have been lied to your entire life. I can only imagine what you went though as an elder, shoot I was taking vodka to the meetings to numb my mind. You just keep thinking about what is best for your children, they will show you the way.

• *lost*
    *lost*

Excellent welcome

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Jack-Wonderful experience, can't wait to read more! And welcome by the way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit