They lied to you Jack......

by Tech49 78 Replies latest jw experiences

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome!

It's great to see an elder open his eyes and see the WTS for what it is.

I've heard of a number of elders whose marriages have suffered because of all the attention they are supposed to give to the congregation.

The WTS prides itself on not paying its workers (despite what Paul said in 1 Corinthians 9:14), but that forces elders to hold down full time outside jobs as well as do all their elder duties. That lives little time left over for family.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Welcome!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Tech49 - "I realized that all the little things that I had put to the back of my mind and tried so hard to cover over with the blanket of "faith" just couldn't be ignored any more."

Oh, yeah; when the quiet little voice starts screaming, it ain't so easy to ignore it, anymore...

Tech49 - "...whenever I would come home from an elders' meeting, a glass of bourbon was in order..."

That is, hands down, without a doubt, the most sig-worthy quote I have ever read.

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Welcome. We will appreciate your input .

For me the big lie was "All JW critics are slanderous liars"

Needless to say the research proved otherwise .

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Tech49:

Just curious, but did the movie "Oblivion" provide a little deja vu ?

Take Care

• BU2B
    BU2B

Glad to have you here! Is your family still in?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Welcome!

I can certainly relate to your experience. Mine was VERY similar.

It is gratifying to hear again and again of the many that lurk here, learn the truth about "The Truth" (TTATT) and are encouraged to leave the cult and re-claim their life.

I look forward to your ongoing contributions. Maybe you can help some others that are a few steps behind you.

Oubliette

BTW, if that is your real name you might want to consider asking a moderator to delete it. If your wife is still-in, being outed as an apostate before you're ready to make that decision on YOUR TERMS willl only cause you unnecessary grief.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Welcome, glad you are here, former elders usually have a lot to contribute, as you were more aware of the goings on behind the public facade. Can't wait to hear those doozies.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

BTW, if that is your real name ...

It isn't ... unless he also has an uncanny resemblance to Tom Cruise

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

Welcome and Thanks for sharing your story. Also feel free to free to have a look over at www.jehovahswitnessrecovery.com

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit