They lied to you Jack......

by Tech49 78 Replies latest jw experiences

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Great stuff Jack...You are a "down to earth" guy. Perhaps we can see why you no longer fitted in with the body of elders No more than I did when I quit...Oh what blessed relief!.. I have not reported in years now . I just attend occasionally to help my wife , and it gives me a connection with what they are up to.

You are going to fit in well here , keep posting...

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

marked.

I was asked what the elders thought/believed on this site.

• blondie
    blondie

They lied to you....and then lied about lying to you......

That's what got my husband to realize it was time to go.....being an elder brought him closer than ever to the machinations of the WTS. He saw good men he thought he knew and respected, lie to his face, with incontrovertible evidence to the contrary. He could stay and promote lies like they admitted they did and become someone he could not respect. Nothing was worth staying, certainly not for the lie that these men were led by God.

Welcome, I hope that all who come here can leave as a family, but if not be assured you can share how you really feel and find support.

• Tech49
    Tech49

I wanted to bump this thread up to the top, for the benefit of a few folks who seem to be popping up in just the last few days. Especially you elders who are trying to come to grips with what you are learning.

My original intent (see few early posts) was to relate my experiences to show that you are NOT alone, many are here that have experienced, and continue to go through what you are trying to wrap your minds around.

Nope, I am not a slobbering, foaming-at-the-mouth apostate. Just a dude, seeing things for what they are.

On a personal note, as a bit of an update...... wife and I still go to the occasional meeting, maybe overy other one. The new midweek meeting arrangement is so disgustingly boring that we dont make it a real priority. Service? Not really, we might go out once a month to make a few visits on some of the older folks that seem to get lost in the shuffle. I cant stomach hocking literature, and I refuse to man a cart, or to show videos to householders.

We are slowly "rebuilding" our mental "house", making a new life and keeping WT outside, at a distance. It truly is like trying to "relearn" how to live.

Anyways, enough about me. To all you "new" guys and gals... stick around. Lots to soak in, and even more to learn from.

JackHarper, Tech49

• clarity
  • nowwhat?
    nowwhat?
    Miss your insights tech49! It's been a while
  • antes8080
    antes8080
    Great story love the title.
  • Landy
    Landy
    On a personal note, as a bit of an update...... wife and I still go to the occasional meeting, maybe overy other one. The new midweek meeting arrangement is so disgustingly boring that we dont make it a real priority. Service? Not really, we might go out once a month to make a few visits on some of the older folks that seem to get lost in the shuffle. I cant stomach hocking literature, and I refuse to man a cart, or to show videos to householders.

Your original post was three years ago, any particular reason why you're still going? Especially if you and your wife feel the same?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Welcome back Tech49!

This line of yours really resonated with me!:

Nope, I am not a slobbering, foaming-at-the-mouth apostate. Just a dude, seeing things for what they are.

I like it! Very true.

We are not wicked and dangerous people. Rather we are just sincere people who have conducted exhaustive research...which is actually is the correct thing to do in life!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit