They lied to you Jack......

by Tech49 78 Replies latest jw experiences

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Welcome aboard!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

sweet, welcome, any insights on how to awaken family would be greatly appreciated.

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Welcome Jack! i look forward to hearing more stories. Your story could be my husbands because he was an elder and born in and was on the RBC and many other things. He stepped down and for years the elders have tried to get him to become and elder again but he couldn't put up with all of the nutty stuff. We are out together because I started to research and read information then gave it to him and he came out right with me. I hope your wife is coming out ith you. Hang in there, it does get better.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Yep, the doubts build up like steam in a pressure cooker to the point where you get sick, do research or both as in my case. Please share your elder stories with us!

• clarity
    clarity

Jack ....brilliant first post, you write with great ease.

Welcome to this place & let your hair down!

You see how your lives have been fashioned by a cult.

So slowly and steadily ... that you don't really notice at first.

And then as the chains tighten & you begin to choke on their words,

you gasp for air & begin to r u n............

>

Here's how they do it.........>

>

(Watchtower, June 1, 1953, p. 350 par. 24). 24 In these closing days of wickedness Jehovah’s people must demonstrate holiness. They must not foul their minds with the filthy mental food on the propaganda tables of this old world, but must feed on the feast of fat things Jehovah provides. (Isa. 25:6; 28:8.) Minds must be cleansed and made over, mental circuits formed by old-world thinking and acting faded out and new ones put in according to new-world specifications. By privately studying regularly, by attending all meetings regularly, and by engaging in all features of the preaching work regularly mental circuits are deepened and such good activities become habitual, not at all the struggle they are when the mental circuits are weak and faint because used only occasionally. For ourselves and for others, make them strong!—1 Tim. 4:16.

Enjoy your journey.

clarity

• Scott77
    Scott77

"...I will share some of my experiences with all of you in due time, in an effort, not to gain praise, sympathy, or adoration, but rather to help wake any other lurkers, especially those whose situations may be similar to mine..."
    Tech49

Awesome, great post. Thank you..

Scott77

• haboob48
    haboob48

page 2.........your reference to fading....................."coasting!" love it. nice follow-up post,I am still looking for more!

hb48

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Welcome. It is so good to hear of new ones learning TTATT, especially ex-elders.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Once agin, the WTS wonders why it's losing all the good ones.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Your posts are not too long Jack, I was sorry when both of them came to an end.

Can't wait to hear the doosies

I shall be printing this thread as it will be encouraging for my JW family to know there arer others feeling like they do.

Hoab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit