What does your screen name/avatar mean and what does it stand for

by BU2B 77 Replies latest jw friends

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

My name resulted from signing up on another forum (which is now long gone). I had first signed in to the chat rooms as 'Jim' - but then another person came on, using the same 'Jim'. To prevent confusion, I added my state, and the rest is history - Jim_TX.

My photo is me. Not too difficult to figure that out.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

The situation I found myself in for almost my whole life was that if I did not make lemonade, lemon cake, lemon pudding, lemon squares, (I sound like Forrest Gump's best friend Bubba, naming off 101 ways to fix Shrimp, lol) from all the lemons dumped on me, I would die. So I found a sense of humor. I like neutral too but sometimes I can't help but lighten up the mood with laughter.

LoisLane...How can she be so smart, yet so dumb? Bingo - bingo- bingo. (Being a JW know-it-all).

How can she not see that Clark's height, weight, size, mouth, nose, ears, voice, hair, hands...are just like her beloved Superman's?

Has she no imagination? Hummm , if Clark took off his glasses and I saw him in his speedos ...what would he look like?

So LoisLane is looking for something she has already found, but just doesn't realize it.

We can all use our minds and critical learning skills, but most JW's are trained not to.

LoisLane could mentally undress Clark Kent ansd Superman, if she wanted to, and she would see, that underneath each other's outter wrappings, they were one and the same. Decades of her life have gone, but she can't or won't make that connection.

I felt LoisLane looking for Superman met my own analysis of who I was, most of my life. My eyes have now been opened. I now know TTATT. Clark Kent and Superman are one and the same.

lol

Just Lois

PS Bright pink is cheerful, as I am. Looking at my avatar is funny...as I am, sometimes too. I really like that I was given a magic wand. There are some weird body parts, but hey...I never said I was perfect. lol

• cofty
    cofty

My avatar is a sketch Darwin made in a notebook of a tree of life. He scribbled beside it the words "I think".

It's iconic of a big idea taking shape in Darwin's mind - an idea that went on to change the world.

• okage
    okage

I was an angsty teenager who loved the Japanese culture. I went to the Center for Global Studies at Brien McMahon in Norwalk, CT. Instead of History and English, we learned Japanese History, Language, and Literature. In my group of friends, I was Hitokage.

In Japanese, it doubles as a soul (context: Spirit) as well as a person's shadow. In high school, I was never me. I was my older brother's sibling. I was my cousin's cousin. I was my younger brother's older brother. But never me. Always in the shadow of others.

I embraced it and used the alias Okage (lit. King Shadow) as an online personality. Been Okage for 15 years now.

My avatar is a picture of me in December 2011. My son was born September 2010 and we couldn't afford to celebrate Christmas that year. This was his first real Christmas. I was admiring the ornaments he picked out.

• minimus
    minimus

There was a poster named Maximus and he was an ex bigshot of the Society that saw the light and was humble, knowledgable and knew all the Society's men, doctrines and skeletons.

Since I would never be as valuable to this board as Maximus was, I took on the name minimus and the results are obvious.

• jw07
    jw07

JW07 - Sounds like J-007: Under cover, anti Watchtower double agent On Her Majesty's Secret Service (quite nerdy, I know). Having woken up I'm now committed to waking up others and loosening the mental chains of the Watchtower from the inside...for now.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

The cucumber (Cucumis sativus) is a widely cultivated plant in the gourd family Cucurbitaceae. It is a creeping vine which bears cylindrical edible fruit when ripe. There are three main varieties of cucumber: "slicing", "pickling", and "burpless". Within these varieties, several different cultivars have emerged. The cucumber is originally from Indian subcontinent but is now grown on most continents.

Who knew?!

• pixel
    pixel

I like computers.

Pixel: "The smallest controllable element of a picture represented on the screen".

• Mad Sweeney
  • Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

At a knife and tomahawk competition I was being a smart ass and started calling my shots, well all my called shots stuck, needless to say I did win, picture got posted in the local paper, and that night I was given the name in a ceremony. That's how I got the name. The picture, well I got aquainted with an actor,no one you would know, my friend would be the bartender in a westerns, he was in the movie Wild Hogs, 310 to Yuma and a lot of others , so having this connection, I was told a story about an upcoming movie about Kit Carson's life, and Steven Spielberg was directing it. So the picture was taken to provide a character reference. Well to say the least, this is when the last and big writers walkout happened, the whole project got scraped, for now. My friend has since then invited me to provide some props and appear in a show that the history channel did about Billy the Kid, He wanted me on the set Monday am with several prop bows and moccasins, all of this was to be done in a 30 hour time frame and with any foot sizes for horse riders who were cast yet. I told him It was not going to happen. Since then my friend has had to take a step back from movies, due to a Vietnam war injury. h He said he would let me know it the rumors start to fly again. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. LOL Affectionately: Brother of the Hawk ( I will surrender my mind no more, forever) BTW If you have not already figured it out already, this notation I use is a re worded quote from a famous Indian ( I can say Indian because of who I am) If I remember correctly I think it was Sitting Bull " I will fight no more, forever" I need to double check that source.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit