What does your screen name/avatar mean and what does it stand for

by BU2B 77 Replies latest jw friends

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

When I first wanted to sign on my wife ask me what name I wanted to go by? That afternoon I watch a PBS program on ADD and their was this book they was pushing which was called " Totally ADD and Loving it." Having ADD, the name just click. As far as the avatar it was just given to me by JWN. But when I first saw it I thought that is exactly how I would dream I would look like when I am having a ADD melt down. Totally ADD

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

my name is Tate.. sometimes I'm called Tater.. or taterbug.. I never liked it, so a friend started Tater-T- BUG.. There is a lot you can do with a name rhymes with just a bout anything..

oh.. and BU2B.. check out me with these two hall of famers ...

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I don't know -- I think Hortensia is an amusing name. I usually pick names like that -- Hortensia, Ermintrude, Winfreda, Aida

As for the avatar, it just popped up there one day. It looks pretty much like me, so I leave it. I love that little critter.

• Comatose
    Comatose

When I was learning TTATT I read COC. It was a mind f$@&. I felt like I was waking up from a coma, but I hadn't woken... I was still groggy and confused. I chose comatose. The avatar is obvious. But, it was quite funny that I got a winking devil when I joined. I already felt guilty! A winking devil? Really!?!

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

I like my avatar. It feels more or less cheerful, friendly, likes to make a point.

My name? One of the mythological centaurs, wayward, rebellious, awkward, independent. Neither one thing nor another. Basically, how the JW's saw me!

• Londo111
    Londo111

I like science fiction. I'm a total nerd and proud of it!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Contrary to what some have thought, Oubliette is not a cute little French peasant girl.

An oubliette is a form of dungeon which is accessible only from a hatch in a high ceiling. It is from Middle French, from oublier to forget. And so it is a place of forgetting.

My Oubliette

In this case, it is not the prisoner that does the forgetting, but rather the ones that sent them there are able to forget about their prisoners by sending them away to a far-off, forgotten dungeon.

I thought it was appropriate because the WTBTS would like to forget about those of us that have woken up to TTATT and realized that they have lied to and abused us. The isolation we feel as a result of shunning is a psychological prison.

You can read my intro post From my oubliette ...

Oubliette

PS - I know the picture which I chose for my avatar is not technically an oubliette because it has a door, but it gets the point across.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Tater-T, hanging out with Geddy and Alex must've been a total RUSH for you.

Tell us how that happened!

• Stubborn Disbeliever
    Stubborn Disbeliever

Mine is pretty self explanatory. I have always been stubborn (runs in my thick-headed family), and I'm a disbeliever in the Borg! :) My avatar is because I've always been a hippie. Give me some 60's classic rock, folk music, the sun and nature, patchouli (any incense and essential oil, really), (and nice flowing skirts lol) and I'm in heaven. Hahaha, free thinking....open your mind.....be one with yourself and nature...uh huh, I was the "demon" in our local congregations.

• Stubborn Disbeliever
    Stubborn Disbeliever

Oubliette...I thought you were just a David Bowie fan or loved Labyrinth. Lol. But that's a good reasoning!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit