What does your screen name/avatar mean and what does it stand for

by BU2B 77 Replies latest jw friends

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

fastJehu - I love to drive fast on the "Autobahn" ;-)
    No elder was able to "encourage" me therefore - because I always showed the example of Jehu

• sieborg
    sieborg

My first name is Simon and have always been called Sie. When i first joined this forum i as still in the Borganization (Collective mind). i thought it appropiate at the time, but maybe i should change it now that i have broken free.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Giordano is for my ancestor Giordano Bruno who died in 1600 at 12 PM when the Church set fire to him for the crime of believing that the universe was too big for the church's concept of a backyard god.

Giordano Bruno (1548February 17 1600) was an Italian philosopher, astronomer, satirist, occultist, mystic, and martyr, who was burned at the stake as a heretic.

There was in me, whatever I was able to do, that which no future century will deny to be mine, that which a victor could have for his own: Not to have feared to die, not to have yielded to any equal in firmness of nature, and to have preferred a courageous death to a noncombatant life.

• d
    d

d-For my first real name which it should remain a mystery. I also chose to mean d for destorying old values that I had held as a Jehovah witness.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Phizzy is a nickname I had as a teenager, I really cannot remember how it started, mind you, I have always tended to effervesce in many entertaining ways and from many orifices, so I guess it was fitting.

The Avatar just looks right. Somewhat Loony, and explosions not far off.

• suavojr
    suavojr

Interesting Giordano's story...

I went to that uni as well Terry!! Lol

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

My Avatar is a picture of me in a Halloween costume I wear sometimes. I called it the over fifty, fat and fabulous flower fairy. My husband is actually wearing it at work right now. It's funny on me, but even funnier on him. It has wings! And a wand! He wore it for the first time about five years ago, he won first prize at work, beating Wonder Woman and Elvis It's hilarious because he works for a very conservative, government organization, where everybody takes themselves very seriously. We have moved since then, but some here had heard about it and requested he wear it again. I never dreamed when I made it that it would get so much use.

The reason for my name is that I like roses.

• committeechairman
    committeechairman

As I have mentioned in past posts, I currently serve as an elder in a congregation and have been serving for decades. As such, I am usually in a position to get myself appointed as the chairman of any judicial committees that are appointed. One of my personal missions (none of which I have ever mentioned before) is to attempt to ensure that any publisher accused of wrongdoing gets a fair hearing and if there is even the tiniest bit of reason why the committee can extend mercy and simply reprove instead of disfellowship, I am able to influence the committee to do so as the chairman.

It will be interesting to see what kind of discussion this port generates.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit