What does your screen name/avatar mean and what does it stand for

by BU2B 77 Replies latest jw friends

• BU2B
    BU2B

And why did you choose it? If you have a Avatar, what is it and why did you pick it?

OK Ill start. BU2B stands for Brought up to Believe, I was brought up to believe a false truth, and now for the first time I am figuring out what makes since to me and thinking for myself.

My Avatar is the artwork on Rush's Signals Album, It is one of my favorites and I have always found great meaning in it, plus I like the unique artwork.

HOW ABOUT YOU?

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

descriptive/it was a little dude assigned to me by JWN

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

i had wondered what your screen name was. i chose fakesmile because it was the first thing that came to mind when i thought of the "friends". also to remind myself to never go along and pretent or be fake, like so many sheep.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

My married name plus my favorite number (because there was another mrsjones before me but they don't post here)

oh and my avatar is a pic of my hubby and I taken a couple of months after our wedding twenty years ago. I like that pic.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I was pissed to discover the real Truth about the "truth" when I finally got a around to doing the proper research into my religion of birth, ... and wanted a name with a JW connection.

Avatar (finally after 2 years of the little green man) because I like kitties and this one suitably demonstrates my newfound contempt for all forms of deluded thinking, but its more of a smirk than a sneer tbh LOL

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

After expressing doubts about the blood doctrine to another elder in the congregation I attended, I was asked to meet with the rest of the elder body and the circuit overseer and after a 2 hour meeting which turned into a grilling by the CO, I was removed as an elder. This motivated me to start searching for TTATT.

I then became an "elder no more"

ldrdomo

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Wannaexit is descriptive of the overwhelming sensation i felt when I started to figure things out back in 2002. I wanted to exit so bad. My avatar is describes the sadness I felt when I realized how I had wasted greater portion of my life. By the time I truly understood, I had pioneered for almost 2 decades and was almost childless.

• Gopher
    Gopher

I'm like a furry rodent who came out of a dark gopher hole after leaving the JW's behind.

And I live in Minnesota - the Gopher state.

• talesin
    talesin

Hi, Gopher... *waves* .. good to see your posts.

I LOVE these threads!

Talesin -- well, I made a bit of a mistake when I typed it. It should be Taliesin, which was not only the name of FLW's beautiful home, but the name of MERLIN in The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley, which is one of my top 10 favorite books of all time. Merlin was a shape-shifter, a spiritual person who worshipped no deity, and a practitioner of the craft. He gave counsel and guidance, and worked for 'the good'.

It's a nod to a beloved fictional character, who was a mentor (though not always right, not 'perfect), and to my love of mysticism and the romance of faerie tales!

EDIT: Oops! Avatar --- is Wonder Woman, in a humble and thoughtful pose. I love the "Blue", and it reflects my love of blue and its positive and healing connotations, and also one of my nicknames, "Lady Blue".

xo

tal

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

My screen name is another version of my birth name, and the number after it, is the year I became free from the Watchtower.

My avatar called a Sim, from a game called The Sims 3. She is one whom I created from a photo of myself when I was in my early 20's, although my hair was never quite that light. With the back ground you can see that it is night, but the sun is coming up, it is to represent the light that is exposing the Watchtowers lies, and darkness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit