What does your screen name/avatar mean and what does it stand for

by BU2B 77 Replies latest jw friends

• Wholly
    Wholly

I got the avatar the site designated to me. I picked my screen name because I've never been baptized, so I'm wholly exempt from religious affiliation as an outward and public expression. At least, that's what it means to me.

• talesin
    talesin

Tameria2001 -- I love this:

" With the back ground you can see that it is night, but the sun is coming up, it is to represent the light that is exposing the Watchtowers lies, and darkness."

:))

t

• talesin
    talesin

BU2B -- that is a great acronym. I, too, was curious as to its meaning. Congrats on your awakening. xo

And hey, any fan of RUSH is an honorary member (dunno if you are CDN or not) of the Great White North.

tal

• cantleave
    cantleave

It's how I felt when I woke-up. With all my friends and most of my family in the cult I couldn't see how I could leave. Talk about an out of date screen name.

• talesin
    talesin

Wholly - very creative, and I am happy for your exemption. yeah ...

t

(oops, it's not 'my' thread, but hard not to comment on all, I do love learning peeps' explanations of the origins of their screen names)

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

mine was to do with a chat i was having with someone about Kant.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I breed hedgehogs and currently have 12. They make the most wonderful pets.

The one in my Avatar here is Tulip and the one on my facebook profile is Dexter.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Speaking of avatars, it's too bad this board doesn't have a Control Panel which would allow easy changes.

It used to when it was JWD.

During Google searches on jw-related topics, this site often comes up first. People then see these stupid-looking gravitars. It's a poor first impression for what is otherwise a very good place for searching jws and others to get some answers.

This is the only web board I know that has no way of altering it other than via another site, and even then you have to use the e-mail associated with your account here - an e-mail address I stopped using long ago and no longer can recall.

I know this board was closed and then re-emerged with this technically inferior version for cost and maintenance reasons, but I'd like to at least have a Control Panel.

• JeffJ
    JeffJ

The J stands for Justice.

The E is for Empathy.

Ah who am I kidding, my name is Jeff.

I have wondered about some of your names though. (except Gopher, being from the same state)

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I picked my name because I imagine myself to be clever at times. I also, cannot seem to make the decisions I know will offer the path of least resistance because of my pesky moral compass.

My avatar is a self portrait. I'm out there and proud.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit