If man evolved?

by tornapart 427 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rawe
    rawe

Hi Lost,

"Yet the Kennel club has refused to be active and address the matter." At the moment it is unlikely human evolution that is ongoing from generation to generation will produce a new species that lives at the same time. A key ingredient to the theory of evolution is the effect of isolated populations that find themselves in a new environment. For example, if humans were to colonize Mars, then stopped inter-breading with Earthlings, over time Martians would almost certainly become a related by separate species from humans. What the Kennel club is doing is creating a form of isolation, where gene selection is creating breeds, that in extreme cases could not inter-breed due to physical differences. You could still inter-breed a Great Dane with a Chihuahua if you used some mid-way bridge breeds to help. I have heard of natural cases of this with birds, but must admit to never having looked it up.

In regards to humans a fascinating case is that of lice that live in our hair. The loss of body hair has created a form of isolation, where in head lice are now a different species than pubic hair lice. DNA sequence comparisons and rate of mutation in this case has been used as a basis to estimate how long ago humans lost body hair.

"I find gene diversity fascintating in that you can selective breed different types within a species. But I have yet to see any evidence of successful cross-species breeding and reproduction." Of course the inability to inter-breed is the definition of species. After I read Darwin's book On The Origin of Species, it took me awhile to understandy why he was going on and on about hybrids. Finally I got it (I can be a bit slow with this stuff)... if two species had a common ancestor as the theory of evolution asserts is true of all species, then in some species the separation hasn't progressed so far that cross breeding is impossible. Thus a donkey and a horse can mate and produce a mule, a hybrid that is typically sterile. They can do this, because their common ancestor is not too far in the past and different from either.

Cheers,

-Randy

• Caedes
    Caedes
    But I have yet to see any evidence of successful cross-species breeding and reproduction.
    Has anyone else ?

There are several

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liger

At the bottom of the wikipedia page is a list of mammal hybrids

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

There is an interesting article in the May National Geographic about nitrogen, and the impact manufactured fertilizer had on population. Corn, wheat and rice, which feeds most of the world's population, are nitrogen hungry, and nature alone could not provide enough for our current growth. Manufactured nitrogen fertilizer (more than a hundred million tons applied each year) fuels bountiful harvests. Without it, our planet's soil simply could not grow enough food to feed us all. Of course there is a price to all this bounty, and excess nitrogen is causing problems in lakes and rivers, but that is another subject.

This is most clearly demonstrated in China. China built hundreds of nitrogen factories between 1975 and 1995. Coupled with new seed varieties (that needed more nitrogen to reach maximum yield) and changes that allowed farmers to have control of their land, crops increased dramatically, and the population grew by 300 million between 1970 and 1990.

• TD
    TD
    there are over 300 breeds of dog.
    From the huge Great Dane - down to the itsy bitsy cure little Chiuahiua ( i prob spelled that wrong)

Well again, what is a dog? Are we talking about all members of family Canidae or only those that diverged more recently than the others?

Wolf (Canis lupus) - 78 chromosomes

Domestic Dog (Canis lupus familiaris) - 78 chromosomes

Coyote (Canis latrans) - 78 chromosomes

Golden Jackal (Canis aureus) - 78 chromosomes

Maned Wolf (Chrysocyon brachyurus) - 76 chromosomes

Black Backed Jackal (Canis mesomelas) - 74 chromosomes

Bat Eared Fox (Otocyon megalotis) - 72 chromosomes

Gray Fox (Urocyon cinereoargenteus) - 66 chromosomes

Racoon Dog (Nyctereutes procyonoides) - 66 chromosomes

Fennec Fox (Vulpes zerda) - 64 chromosomes

Bengal Fox (Vulpes bengalensis) - 60 chromosomes

Kit Fox (Vulpes macrotis) - 50 chromosomes

Red Fox (Vulpes vulpes) - 34 chromosomes

But I have yet to see any evidence of successful cross-species breeding and reproduction.
    Has anyone else ?

Cama - A hybrid between a Camal and a Llama

Geep - A hybrid between Sheep and Goat

• jgnat
    jgnat

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/grolar%20bear

Grolar bear; polar bear/grizzly hybrid, happening in the wild.

• Heaven
    Heaven

I am partial to the Zonkey myself (part of the Zebroid hybrids, crossing an equine such as horse or donkey with a zebra):

Zonkey

• TD
    TD

There's also Napoleon Dynamite's favorite, the liger:

• QC
    QC

The whole idea about hybrids is they are evidence of natural procreative limits between species which stops hybrids from propagating. Chomosome mismatch produces a sterile male. Examples of procreative limits are: 1) the liger (tiger-lion mix) hybrid sterile male; 2) the mule (horse-donkey mix) hybrids sterile male; and 3) in the Canidae (dog-like) mammal family several combinations create sterility: 78 chromosomes Domestic Dog (Canis lupus familiaris) Wolf (Canis lupus)
    Coyote (Canis latrans)
    Golden Jackal (Canis aureus) 76 chromosomes Maned Wolf (Chrysocyon brachyurus)
    74 chromosomes Black Backed Jackal (Canis mesomelas)
    72 chromosomes Bat Eared Fox (Otocyon megalotis)
    66 chromosomes Gray Fox (Urocyon cinereoargenteus)
    66 chromosomes Racoon Dog (Nyctereutes procyonoides)
    64 chromosomes Fennec Fox (Vulpes zerda)
    60 chromosomes Bengal Fox (Vulpes bengalensis)
    50 chromosomes Kit Fox (Vulpes macrotis)
    34 chromosomes Red Fox (Vulpes vulpes)

Any chromosome mismatch breeding among these groups produces a dead end propagation stop. This hurdle snag mechanism (design) is problematic underscoring the ineptness of Evolution theory.

These genetic breeding limits (sterile males), along with the feeble population growth (less than 1 billion in 500,000 years) are devastating argument magnifying the implausible aspects of evolution theory.

Additional evidence showing evo-devo ineptness is being assembled.

• cofty
    cofty

QC - Your ignorance of evolution is breathtaking.

This hurdle snag mechanism (design) is problematic underscoring the ineptness of Evolution theory.

That's not even English never mind science.

Populations that have diverged over thousands of years can no longer inter-breed. Why do you imagine this causes a problem for the fact of evolution?

Think about evolution as being like a tree or a bush. Extant species are at the ends of the twigs. Go back along any branch and you find common ancestors of other species.

• TD
    TD
    The whole idea about hybrids is they are evidence of natural procreative limits between species which stops hybrids from propagating. Chomosome mismatch produces a sterile male.

Different karyotypes between species that very clearly have a common ancestor (i.e. Because they can produce offspring) indicates genetic drift between them.

Instead of a stablizing mechanism preserving the integrity of a 'kind' by limiting variation, it is actually a process that drives a wedge between different members of what are ostensibly the same "kind."

Any chromosome mismatch breeding among these groups produces a dead end propagation stop. This hurdle snag mechanism (design) is problematic underscoring the ineptness of Evolution theory.

Mammalian hybrids often are sterile, but that's not always the case. Przewalski’s horse (E. przewalskii) has 66 chromosomes while the domestic horse. (E. caballus) has 64. When crossed, the offspring are trisomic just like mules, mollies and hinnies are. (i.e. They have one extra unpaired chromosome) But despite this, they are not sterile.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit