If man evolved?

by tornapart 427 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• donny
    donny

A good place to start in understanding evolution is http://talkorigins.org/.

Also, check out the most podcast (#78) found at Dogmadebate.com where evolution is explained by AronRa and Rachel Nanon Brown.

Donny

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

There are so many weird, freaky, f**d-up things about human biology that make almost no sense in the context of creationism, but have pretty damn compelling evolutionary explanations.

I read somewhere that humans are effectively immune from certain diseases that are known to be contracted through cannibalism. What's more, this particular batch of immunities are acquired via heredity; therefore, a significant percentage of our prehistoric ancestors were cannibals, with natural selection favoring the ones who's immune systems were most successful in developing resistance to those diseases, which has, in turn, passed down to us.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

So, is it alright to eat babies then ?

• cognisonance
    cognisonance
    So, is it alright to eat babies then ?

That's a strawman Phizzy, no one is arguing that cannibalism, or killing/eating babies is moral or okay, just because it was "natural" in nature at one point (or othe "red in tooth and claw" dark-sides to nature). To do so would be the Naturalistic Fallacy.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Hey Cog our Phizzy was being Ironic, he is already well and truly on the right side of the debate!

• cognisonance
    cognisonance

Hey Cog our Phizzy was being Ironic, he is already well and truly on the right side of the debate!

Sorry Phizzy... just saw your question without reading the context...

• Comatose
    Comatose

It's so weird that Lost just popped in and replied something a month old. lol

Lost you were being very argumentative about the fact that people live longer lives now and have it much easier if they want to have lots of healthy children who survive their first few years. I pointed that out. Not sure why you are dredging up this silly argument?

• *lost*
    *lost*

asking questions and discussing something on it's merits, is not arguing. It is how a person learns. It is not a silly arguement, it's not even an arguement.

It's a discussion. Isn't that the whole point ?

Cant leave - I'm going to check back on that, as I doubt I scoffed at crofty. And of course wisdom teeth and infections can kill people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit