If man evolved?

by tornapart 427 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tornapart
    tornapart

I know anyone who believes in evolution is going to say that there is no 'if' about it. However...

If man evolved over hundreds of thousands of years ago, why were there only about 200-300 million people alive 2,000 years ago? Surely there'd have been many billions by then?

• Comatose
    Comatose

You need to actually read some good books on the subject. Your starting premise is off.

• sir82
    sir82

3 seconds on google would answer your question.

If that is too much effort, the short answer is, "people died a lot more frequently, and at much younger ages, than they do now".

• cofty
    cofty

Most people died in agony of impacted wisdom teeth or of petty infections that wouldn't warrant a day off work now.

Only a few babies made it through infancy. At 50 years of age I would have been considered ancient up until recently.

You are right though - there is no if about it.

• cognisonance
    cognisonance

Industrial Revolution?

http://www.globalchange.umich.edu/globalchange2/current/lectures/human_pop/worldpop.jpg

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Life expectancy has fluctuated but even quite recently most men died in their 40s, .. wars, famine, disasters etc all take their toll. Also subsistance living was the norm for millenia and it looks like only in the last few thousand years did collective farming and food surplus become a reality so populations could not outgrow their food supply.

LOL many replies before i even hit submit button...

• tornapart
    tornapart

Look at the chart, it goes from 500,000 years to 10,000, from then on it goes up by 1,000 years at a time. So you expect me to believe that from 500,000 years to 10,000 years the population didn't grow at all?

Death by infected teeth doesn't cut it, sorry....

• sir82
    sir82

As noted, the answer is available to you with a minimum of effort on your part.

Some posters have given you places to start.

It sounds like your mind is already made up.

So why are you asking? Do you really want to know the answer, or are you trying to "show up" people for being "stupid enough" not to agree with your already determined conclusions?

• Comatose
    Comatose

Primitive man from 500k years ago is not the same as from 20k years ago. Read a book! It actually makes sense if you just read and learn. You are starting your argument from a wrong assumption and do not really seem interested in learning. Read a book. Learn about it.

• tornapart
    tornapart

I will read up about it, I was just interested to know what ones on here have to say about it. Do I not have the right to ask? Different people will have different thoughts on both sides of the arguement. I'm not interested in 'showing up' anyone... why would I want to do that?

It doesn't matter to me whether someone believes something different to me. In fact I find it fascinating that everyone will have different ideas on all subjects. That's why this place is so awesome.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit