Who has experienced a REAL demonic incident?

by Monsieur 418 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• still thinking
    still thinking

Why thank you WMF........I shall come back and read that later.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Sorry just to correct my mistake, Javier Ortega was NOT involved in the research. Only the 1st account whose name i cant see, but seems to indicate it is Barry E. Taff who wrote the book listed at the bottom.

There have also been many people who have claimed that they were part of our lab and were also part of our investigation of this case. There were only three names formally associated with this case, one being Kerry Gaynor, my associate at the time, Dr. Thelma Moss, the head of our former UCLA parapsychology lab (who only visited the site on one occasion), and yours truly.
  • mamochan13
    mamochan13

Still Thinking: old eyes trick I use (with Firefox). ctrl+ a few times enlarges the page.

I've heard some creepy stories and experienced a few things that make me hesitate to completely discount the existence of "something". Having studied psychology, though, I have some understanding of brain chemistry. Many things can alter brain chemistry and there could be external factors, i.e. water supply, toxins in the air, that cause things like mass hallucinations.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

There was a more recent case of lots of young people having tics and tremors in the US,

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/11/magazine/teenage-girls-twitching-le-roy.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

If they had been living in more primative times then they could have been in for a very rough ride....

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I've looked for the Taff book as a pdf but cant find it, i certainly dont want to buy it just to read chapter 2. From reading up about him and Gaynor then they both look for and believe in the paranormal and Taff even says he had psychic experiences as a child.

Hardly an unbiased pair then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thelma_Moss

Dr. Moss sounds like real doozy too.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

OOOOKaaaayyy, ... if you really really want to witness the awesome paranormal investigative skill of Barry Taff then you can waste 15 minutes of your life watching this drivel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeMJqYQiAKk

Bear in mind this is 15 years after Doris Bither, so you'd expect him to have his shit together wouldnt you?

He doesnt. It's staged and faked in all it's pathetic stupidity. The hanging was so fake it is just too dumb for words. I also can't believe they fell for the old RODS phenomenon (which is nothing more than flying insects and the imaging artifacts associated with the quality and speed of the film). Truth is they were either so biased they mislead themselves or else they knowingly intended to mislead their followers that these image artifacts are real.

So if this is the quality of the legendary Barry Taffs work then you can forget about the Doris Bither case as being anything like he imagines it to be.

Next case please.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Still Thinking: old eyes trick I use (with Firefox). ctrl+ a few times enlarges the page.

Why thank you Mamochan

• still thinking
    still thinking

Is it possible that all those children experienced sleep paralysis?

And children's perceptions of events are often different to the event themselves. I wonder if their mother told them lots of stories.

My mother used to tell me her life story as bed time tales. Some of it wasn't pretty. There is one event that I grew up believing I had witnessed and it traumatised me. But later in my life when I was talking to my mother about it she swore I wasn't there? She was a very good story teller, and sometimes as a child I felt like I was reliving her life. I felt like I could see the places she was telling me about...almost as though I had been there. And many of her life experiences are intermingled with my own...because I felt I had lived many of them WITH her.

Childrens minds are still developing, and a controlling, mentally unstable parent can put a lot of things in a childs mind that the child grows up believing are their own thoughts and experiences.

I don't know if I have explained that very well...probably not. It's difficult to put into words.

But what we believe we have seen and experienced is not necessarily real.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Many things can alter brain chemistry and there could be external factors, i.e. water supply, toxins in the air, that cause things like mass hallucinations....mamochan

That seems like the most logical explanation when you read some of those 'demon possession' stories doesn't it? And yet, the people involved believe they were demons or ghosts. Why? Previous belief?

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

For me there appears to be no credible witnesses to the Doris Bither case.

The boys would have been heavily indocrinated by their mother throughout their lives into believing her unrealities and a circle of fear and fantasy would have ensued.

Doris herself means diddly squat as a credible witness.

That leaves the "team" investigaing her story. They were biased in that they all believed in ghosts / paranormal to start with, so huge chunks of confirmation bias immediately seeps in and objectivity goes out the window.

I was giving Taff the benefit of the doubt, until I saw his handy work. He is not a credible witness at all based on the above video. I'll look for some more of his "work" later ....

No wonder this didnt make it into the "noteable cases" list on Wikipedia.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit