AAWA, J M____ E______, and me

by zed is dead 577 Replies latest members private

• besty
    besty
    Answer to what?

Your question numbered 2 - post 2510 - back 1 page if you can't recall asking it. I believe it went along the lines of "says who"

Are you suggesting that because you say “ Julia Barrick Douglas added 263 without their consent ” that makes the assertion true?

Yes.

• talesin
    talesin

There was an apparent oversight having to do with restriction to administrators and that problem was promptly resolved. I’m told a total of 50 people were invited to these accounts, all of which were vetted and none of whose private information was made public.

Marvin, this was (and I am being kind) sloppy work at best. An apparent oversight? No, a careless mistake. As someone who has set up a support group on facebook, I can tell you that the choice is CLEAR. It takes one click of a button on the Administrator's menu to ensure that ALL additions MUST be approved by an administrator. PERIOD.

And this is a group who claims, and I quote

" Provides educational, media, and support services for victims of child abuse, domestic violence, and shunning policies of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. An international association of non-violent, non-sectarian counselors, educators, journalists . " (bold is mine)

REALLY? Guaranteed I wouldn't trust any counselor who does not put my confidentiality as their PRIME consideration. So, who are these journalists? Who are these counselors (well, we know one is Lady Lee, but the others?) .. oh, and the educators? Are they teachers? or what?

This 'group add' situation is indefensible, and the AAWA will continue to have zero legitimacy until they rectify it and make sincere apologies. Are they still bragging about their membership? WOW - that's quite the support services they are offering.

This is not typical growing pains. It is a careless mistake made by a bunch of hotheads. In my opinion.

tal

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

“vetted ? As in checked out, verified from independent sources, interviewed privately?”

Glander,

For starters it means no personal/private information is made public without express consent.

Otherwise my impression is that sufficient private communication occurred to convince the AAWA associate that membership was appropriate for AAWA’s mission.

Personally, I don’t like Facebook for many reason—including the ones expressed by Simon a day or so ago—and do not recommend it to anyone for any purpose.

Marvin Shilmer

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

“Yes.”

Besty,

Thanks for clearing that up.

Now everyone can rest assured knowing that since Besty says it then it must be true.

Marvin Shilmer

• besty
    besty

Julia Barrick Douglas has not contacted me to request I retract my claim.

Let the peanut gallery use discernment.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

“No, a careless mistake.”

talesin,

I don’t disagree with that assessment. I believe it was a careless mistake and should not be minimized as something less. We’ve seen similar things occur right here in our JWN nest that Simon so hospitably constructed and maintained all these years for the benefit of folks like you and I.

My characterization of “apparent oversight” was to communicate that a mistake was admitted to me having to do with administrative options. This was admitting a mistake that I had not asked of. My primary inquiry was regarding publication of private information. This administration option thing is something I was unaware of and did not know or think to ask of. It was volunteered to me.

Marvin Shilmer

• Dagney
    Dagney

Have there been people added by Julia that did not want to be included in the group and as a result have left? I would have to say yes.

Yes, that did happen to fizzywiglet.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

“Julia Barrick Douglas has not contacted me to request I retract my claim.”

Besty,

So what? Why should he or she? The burden of proof lay with whoever makes an assertion to prove it true.

The very idea that you think because you say “Julia Barrick Douglas added 263 without their consent” that makes your statement true is patently absurd! It’s ludicrous!

Read about it.

I don’t know why I bother responding to such ignorance, except for my desire to help assist folks who need help.

Marvin Shilmer

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

“Yes, that did happen to fizzywiglet.”

Dagney,

What evidence do you have supporting that assertion?

Marvin Shilmer

• Dagney
    Dagney

@Marvin: What evidence do you need?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit