Will AAWA Become another cult?

by His Excellency 82 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• *lost*
    *lost*

L............M.................F.......................A..............................O

WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why all the negativity and backbiting ...... for crying out load your like a pack of wolves.

Have anyone of you no feeling for a fellow man ?

No consideration ?

No humanity ?

FFS ........... just grab hold of him and NAIL HIM TO THE CROSS why don't you. JUST TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE

DON'T GO OUTSIDE OF THE HOUSE, DON'T TALK TO ANYONE, DON'T GO ANYWHERE, STRICT RULES AND REGULATIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHO DO YOU SOUND LIKE ?????????????????.................... YES .................... THAT'S RIGHT ............... you figured it out.

NOW GO AND GET SOME THERAPY OR READ A BOOK OR DO SOMETHING TO ................... LEARN HOW TO ............... DEVELOP A PERSPECTIVE AND APPRECIATE OTHERS................................ POINT OF VIEW ......... OPINIONS AND .........BELIEFS.

IT IS SIMPLY A COLLECTIVE WORLD WIDE COMMUNITY OF PEOPLE......................... with a common bond........ and a common goal.

It's NOT ABOUT ................. revenge or .............. hate .............. or religious beliefs/affiliations ..........or money ........ or contacts ..... or business......... or brands ....... or education

IT'S ABOUT JUSTICE ............ TRUTH ............... HISTORY ............. FACTS .............. EVIDENCE ................ PROOF ...............PEOPLE ................ suppoting people who need help and support and love and kindness............ IT'S THEIR RIGHT TO JUSTICE. Aren't they things TRUE CHRISTIANS profess to posses ............. like second nature ???

Isn't that what the WT and TRUTH were supposed to be ? then to find out about all the lies and corruption and scheming and thieving and lying and cheating and mulititude of abuses sins and crimes against humanity .............. all done in the name of God and Religion ??????????? Isn't that the very thing everyone is fighting against ? and fighting to change/stop/put and end to the current system that is the WT ( false religion because the evidence and the Bible says it is so - FACTS ...... PROVEN )

If it were a court of law they would not have a debate, let alone a defence !!!!!!!!

Grown people are responsible for their own well being ................. those who are striving for truth justice and freedom are trying to break free from something they view as toxic ........... they are holding out a hand for help and assistance ........ are you keep on walking past ignoring it cos it's not your problem ??????.....or are you going to be like .........

THE GOOD SAMARITAN ??????????

Birds of a feather flock together. Decent people are looking for other decent people who share the same things/interests they like. Everyone deserves happiness and love.

that's my little rant.

• wasblind
    wasblind

The Quiet One ,

I do apologise whole heartedly, I meant to address His excellencey

• Mum
    Mum

When I was in college, I remember my Amerian History professor telling us that charities (which I consider AAWA to be, at least in part) end up like government agencies, steeped in bureaucracy and rules, and rarely helping anyone.

My daughter found an essay once that stated that all organizations should set a date to dissolve at the outset because organizations which start out with noble aims at some point become focused on keeping the organization going and lose sight of the ideals they started with.

With the above caveats in mind, I hope AAWS won't fall into either of those organizational traps. At this point, I have full faith in their mission and ideals. If they get to the point that they have reached their goals, then I hope they will make a decision to dissolve. I don't think anyone is participating out of greed or to get attention or be prominent in the ex-JW community, but if they are, I hope they will be dealt with. I believe the AAWA intends to be democratic, and anyone can have their say and bring it to the attention of the membership or directors if anyone is behaving in a manner inconsistent with its ideals.

It is too early in the process to start worrying. It is better to see what happens before warning that "the sky is falling."

Pressure needs to be applied to the GB to allow JW's to have normal lives. AAWA was started to do that. We can now also present a "united front." The difference is that we tolerate dissent and have no Thought Police.

So off we go . . .

P.S. I am having trouble downloading the volunteer form. I would like to be a writer/editor and presenter. I am going to get help from family members and submit my volunteer application ASAP.

• wasblind
    wasblind

I got my peepers on now , I was truly postin' while blind

• JeffT
    JeffT

Jesus Christ and General Jackson, you've known about AAWA for what? all of five minutes and you're warning people that it might be a cult? Here's a news flash to everybody: IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT DON'T JOIN IT. And don't open threads about it if don't want.

That being said, I think all we need is more of an open-source colony, as opposed to a close-knit swarm demanding undue attention and unnecessary time consuming efforts.

Go ahead and start one.

John Cedars is free to put up any association He desires and with whomever He wishes,

Gee, how nice of you.

but this forum shouldnt be a recruiting ground for such endeavour IF HE IS UNWILLING TO LISTEN TO THE VIEWS OF THE MEMBERS HERE.

My condolences to Ang, I wasn't aware that Simon died and left you in charge. Last time I looked, the rules don't demand that any of us listen to anybody else if we don't want to.

I don't know what's wrong with all the mopes whinning about AAWA. If you don't like the name, or the organization, or the fact that nobody put you in charge of it, get off you lazy butts and do something yourselves.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Hey, this is BoC posting from my bathroom. . .

Well, the Wise Ones came for their Encouragement Session and just like you said, CANTLEAVE, the first thing they ask is how my personal relationship with Cedars was going. My mouth began watering; my hands got dry. . . What do I say? What do I say??!?!??!

"I gotta take a shit!"

So I've been holed up here in the bathroom about 30 minutes now and. . . . yeah, I think I just heard their car roll out of my driveway... WHEW!!!!

I think I may just start my fade from AAWA tomorrow.

BUT WHERE ELSE WILL I GO!!!?!????!???!?? ???!??!!??!???!

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Back to the OP - puhleeze

• rubadubdub
    rubadubdub

Cobaltcupcake, You read my mind-- that was my first response! You are so handy with those little icons!

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

Ok, so far the reasons that AAWA will become a cult are:

It's incorporated in America.

They haven't changed the name although some non-members have suggested it.

They have set up a system to accept donations and volunteers.

If these are the criteria, would the American Cancer Society be a cult? I don't think they would change their name if a bunch of people asked. Goodwill? Habitat for Humanity?

This is one of the most bizarre threads I have seen in a while.

• LostInTranslation
    LostInTranslation

" Suspicion is the companion of mean souls, and the bane of all good society." -- Thomas Paine

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit