Will AAWA Become another cult?

by His Excellency 82 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Being anti-watchtower is not being connected to the broader Christian community.

Knowing the WT is not who they say they are and that the governing body

is not the "sole channel of communication between mankind and God"

Is only a beginning, not the end.

Many here still believe the doctrines of the WT "classes".

They believe the doctrines strongly while at the same time raging against the WT.

The still think they cannot be 'anointed' or this would be a "class" change from earth to heaven.

So they think they can be in union with Jesus and NOT part of the body of Christ.

This shift is frightening to them. They cannot grasp the concept,

that there is a worldwide spiritual nation , people in many different churches, everywhere,

The body of Chist is determined by Jesus, individually, not any ONE organization.

They idea they could fellowship with everyday run of the mill local churches is unthinkable

to them so they are alienated and isolated,and this is the side effect

the WT doctrines of "classes" produce in them.

So to leave the Watchtower is to leave any hope of spiritual fellowship.

The AAWA is reactive, and therefore obsessed and connected to, the Watchtower.

This is suffering. I am beginning to realize clinging to WT doctrines is what keeps

people "stuck" even though they are no longer a JW. You can't clean up a lie.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Seriously, I'm not attacking you, I've just made a fool of myself enough times to have learnt that it's better to look things up first.. I still forget though at times.

• His Excellency
    His Excellency

The Quiet One - The intentions of the founders of any cult are often noble in the beginning, but cults always have a way of gradually metamorphosizing to becoming destructive, once power is involved, authority will be harnessed, two forces that are so difficult to relinquish, then automatically comes control. Suddenlly, a random President John Cedars giving directives on how we should conduct ourserlves at the next protest stage, appointing regional coordinators amongst EX-JWs in their various countries, various meet-ups emerging, speeches assigned to gifted speakers amongst the communitites and et. al, before you know it another "difficult-to-leave" group will emerge.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

I see.. If you're speaking theoretically, about if in the future Cedars got an army of devoted followers who were willing to do anything (even break the law) to follow his orders, I understand. I thought that you were suggesting that it is close to being a cult now..

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

"claiming to have all the answers to issues whose solutions seems obscured to the majority in his days"-- Where did you get this impression from about AAWA? Your english is good, by the way.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

The AAWA is reactive, and therefore obsessed and connected to,

the Watchtower. It is not INCLUSIVE of the other 2 Billion Christians

on earth, it exists only to rant against the WT.

Its "Brer Rabbit and the Tar baby" all over again,

The more Rabbit hits the tar baby the more he

gets stuck to the Tar baby.

http://www.uncleremus.com/tarbaby.html

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Yes.

In fact it already is. As of this afternoon:

I have downloaded my personal "Study Edition" of "The Anti-Watchtower" and am underlining furiously. Hope I can give a good comment tomorrow.

I also signed my "No Band-Aid" directive/DPA card in front of two witnesses. No worries now should some misguided doctor try to apply years of medical training to save me from a nasty paper cut infection.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Hi Excellency, what's with 'pardon my English' stuff? Your English seems adequate.

I tend to be wary of people who use the 'excuse my English' line, because sooner or later it becomes an excuse.

As for AAWA, I personally am treading very lightly, but I don't get too excited about much of anything these days. I do think it's a noble endeavor. Could it become cultish? Well, that seems like a stretch, but I guess it could.

On Cedars' initial thread I did point out the irony of starting a group that has, as one of its main objectives, is the freeing of people from bondage to false religion. Yes, that does sound familiar, doesn't it?

But for now, I meant it only as a bit of comic relief. Only time will tell, and I say let the AAWA have at it.

• nugget
    nugget

Cedars is just one of the founders. He is a strong willed bugger but the other founders and officers are not exactly push overs.

Not only that AAWA needs everyone to pull together and that won't happen is there is any whiff of egotiscal, dictatorial, despotic leadership.

Edit: I can't wait to get my computer back so I can stop posting accidently on Nugget's account!

• Sittingstraight1212
    Sittingstraight1212

AAWA` has a GROUP of people that believe different things, religious wise. You have athiest, agnostics, christian,,,,etc. to many different views to be considered another cult.

I'm new here, I'm trying to figure out how to post my story... on a MAC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit