Will AAWA Become another cult?

by His Excellency 82 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Gopher
    Gopher

I accepted an invitation to be a member of the AAWA FB group. It has grown to 1,300 members almost overnight.

Some members have tried to post religious topics as if the AAWA was some sort of platform for their brand of "truth". The administrators have been consistent in pointing out that AAWA isn't the place for discussing religious replacements for the JW's or (on the other hand) atheism/humanism. It is about trying to support those who have suffered the effects of harsh Watchtower treatment, and trying to thwart the Watchtower from imposing their ill effects on others, to the extent possible.

I'll be damned if anyone tries to tell me I'm in another "cult" now.

• wasblind
    wasblind

I'll get it right this time Quiet One

His excellencies reasons is in line of the WTS

Case and point : His excellencey says: " Beware of any initiatve designed to solve a " community problem "

If Someone Says :

Why don't you people get involved in doing things to help make the world ( community ) a better place to live ?

You Might reply :

" Explain what God's kingdom will do , and why this will permanently solve the problem for humankind. "_____Reasoning book page 207

Bottom line : Wait on the Kingdom

His excellency says : " In my humble opinion a forum like JWN is okay, and perhaps all we need "

LOL,

A forum that has an influx of newbies is jus' " Okay " and we don't need an organized means like AAWA

that warn folks of the WTS

Nobody is fooled by that wolf in sheeps clothes

• yesidid
    yesidid

Re: Will AAWA Become another cult?

NO! That would not happen with those directors.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I find it amazing that people on this forum who have absolutely no life and nothing to contribute have the audacity to question the efforts of those who are actually doing something constructive against the WT .

The only thing I can offer to them is my opinion that they are ASSHOLES.

Get a life and if you don't have anything positive to say then don't say anything at all ASSHOLE.

Yours truely,

HappyDad

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

HappyDad-- Posting guideline 1

• bohm
    bohm

Happydad

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

Oh brother! Herding cats again are we.

• steve2
    steve2
    It is extreme of you to suggest AAWA could become a cult.

I agree with jwfacts. There is absolutely no evidence that this could happen. Indeed, it is much more likely that, as the long years pass, the need for such an incorporated body might well reduce, given the rate at which the organization is bleeding active members. BTW, because those who incorporate a group have clear ideas of what they will or will not stand for does not even give the slightest whiff of being cult-like. What utter nonsense. Every incorporated and even non-incorporated group is fully entitled to have its own charter and mission statements and to consider carefully to what extent they will ever change them without hearing from the sidelines, "Watch out you don't become a cult".

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

steve2, are you a professor or teacher at a University? I am trying to decipher your writing style and mannerisms, you are a mystery to me! You going to give me a hint brother?

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Aren't you being a tad paranoid? Or are you a mole trying to subvert the support AWAA or whatever it is has received? Give them some time, they have some ambitious goals and I applaud the effort. I doubt that they will get the wbts to change, but the more light they shine on the org., the fewer people who will join the JWs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit