Will AAWA Become another cult?

by His Excellency 82 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• His Excellency
    His Excellency

We have a saying in this part of Africa, that everything comes from the U.S, the good, the bad, the bitter and the sour. That on its own is a pointer towards scrutinizing and extrapolating the future of any AMERICAN organization masquerading as a "problem solver" or "support mechanism", whichever name you might call it.

That being said, I think all we need is more of an open-source colony, as opposed to a close-knit swarm demanding undue attention and unnecessary time consuming efforts. John Cedars is free to put up any association He desires and with whomever He wishes, but this forum shouldnt be a recruiting ground for such endeavour IF HE IS UNWILLING TO LISTEN TO THE VIEWS OF THE MEMBERS HERE.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Also. . .

At the supermarket the cashier offered me so-called "coupons". I refused them, telling the girl it was against the AAWA charter, but I wasn't sure why. . .

• His Excellency
    His Excellency

breakfast of champions - Only time will tell the future of any organized group claiming to provide support for any group of people emerging from a cult. No one knew the WT would eventually become a "spiritual guantanamo bay". People embraced Russels' ideologies because He claimed to be an honest "truth seeker" even willing to convert his business to cash in a bid to mining out the truth of God's word

Now look at all of us, we are now the victims of that 19th century"truth seeking enterprise", his endeavour had all made us dirty people, hundreds of thousands have died from it, many thousands psychologically derailed, families shattered and countless of lifes plunged into hogdepodge, should we really be setting on course for another mission whose future is unknown?.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

I think that you'd find if you were to reread the AAWA thread that he did listen, he just decided not to go along with the crowd and make an unnecessary change. I'm not sure WHO you think you are.. to say that Cedars has no right to ask people to help with a cause that they believe in, if he doesn't want to make a change every time that people with no 'vote' or legal right to make such decisions want a certain change to be made.. When were you appointed as a moderator?

• His Excellency
    His Excellency

The Quiet One- If John Cedars is demanding people's attention and their monies for his cause, why is He not listenning to them?, Why is He trashing their concerns on the name change?, Isn't watchtower committing the same crime, demanding people of their time and money, and not giving heed to their plights?.

Think twice!!!

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

And where are you getting this 'truth seeker russel' comparison to Cedars from? Ideology doesn't even come into this.. Only if Russell had campaigned merely to expose the harm caused by the Catholic Church, with no other agenda/statement to that effect, would you have anything close to a fair comparison of a religious zealot like Russell to the aims of AAWA..

• cofty
    cofty

His Excellency - stop being a drama queen.

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

I wonder what the number of cults are as a % of organizations. Pretty small I'd suspect, better odds of being struck by lightening. I think we're all a little cult sensitive so obviously it will crop up in our thoughts. Is there any chance I'll give up 30 years of my life, my friends, my education, my health, my freedom to AAWA? No it won't be a cult - pretty stupid question IMHO.

mmxiv

• His Excellency
    His Excellency

Russell also campaigned vehemently against the teachings of the presbyterian church, but underlying that agenda is a mission to offer an alternative to those who share his viewpoints.

Those alternatives dont just come overnight, Power, authority and the need to control are the drivers for scavenging alternatives to any ideology.

My two cent is for Cedars to listen to the views of JWN members if he is bent on using the forum as a recruting ground.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Sorry, I must have missed the part where Cedars demanded that people volunteer or be annihilated. Damned narcolepsy...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit