Will AAWA Become another cult?

by His Excellency 82 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• steve2
    steve2
    steve2, are you a professor or teacher at a University? I am trying to decipher your writing style and mannerisms, you are a mystery to me! You going to give me a hint brother?

Hi ArbolesdeArabia: Just click on my name as it appears in my posts and my bio should appear. I give an overview of my career path since leaving the organization. Hope this makes me less of a mystery to you - although I'm reliably told that a certain amount of mystery adds to the individual's lustre.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I honestly thought the thread was a jok until about the end of page one.

Ummmm, there is no ideology of AAWA. Its like being concerned that the Red Cross or Crossfit will become acult simply because they are groups with a specific purpose. Every group maintains its own community identity. But buddy, that community identity is far cry from cultism, until it ACTS like a cult.

John or anyone else just naming the thing and moving on, is hardly an exibition of cultism. Rather this "warning" is a narrow sighted vision of what it takes to organize any fringe group of people with common cause. The EXJW community is fractioned, and this may be a foundational point.

There is nothing to jon that requires your allegience. So maybe its true and your english is not very good. You don't seem to understand the english word "cult".

• alecholmesthedetective
    alecholmesthedetective

Breakfast of Champions, might I remind that you may be making a huge mistake in leaving AAWA, I mean, at least before 2014 when all the AAWA'ers are taken by the Lord to a new spiritual estate in Cedar Point, Ohio, to be with him?

Alec

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Village Girl said:

The AAWA is reactive, and therefore obsessed and connected to,

the Watchtower. It is not INCLUSIVE of the other 2 Billion Christians

on earth, it exists only to rant against the WT.

I agree

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

@ His Excellency - You are being way too paranoid there is ZERO chance that AAWA is another cult or ever could become one.

It's express purpose is to help ease the suffering of those that choose to leave the WT, and put peaceful societal pressure on the WT leadership so that perhaps someday the harmful policies will be eradicated. How can any one fault us for being a part of this?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Will AAWA Become another cult?

I'm staying out of this one....it's rather silly!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Please sorry for english, I have only been learning for 18 months.....His Excellency

.............................  photo mutley-ani1.gif ... OUTLAW

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

His Excellancy;

Humm...do you suggest incorporating in Nigeria? I understand it would be much easier to contact current and former JWs by email.

Your opinion please.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Cults use specific mind control techniques. From what I know of AAWA, they use none of these techniques. I guess I can understand how some might be leary of getting sucked into another cult, but it is not hard to identify a true cult if you know what signs to look for. I took some information from howcultswork.com to show how the WBTS differs from AAWA.

DECEPTION
    A cult needs to recruit and operate using deception. Why?
    Because if people knew their true practices and beliefs beforehand then they would not join. A cult needs to hide the truth from you until they think you are ready to accept it.

The WBTS hides its history and prior bad predictions. We know who is behind AAWA and how they came to be.

EXCLUSIVISM
    Cult leaders will tell you can only be "saved" (or can only be successful) in their organization alone. No other organization has the truth, all others miss the mark. So it is not the belief system that decides your future, but it the belief system AND your membership with that particular group.

The WBTS obviously meets this criteria. Does AAWA tell you what religion to be after you leave? Do they pressure you to leave other groups to join them?

FEAR AND INTIMIDATION
    Cult leadership is feared. To disagree with leadership is the same as disagreeing with God. The cult leaders will claim to have direct authority from God to control almost all aspects of your life. If the cult is not a religious group then questioning the leaders or program will still be seen as a sign of rebellion and stupidity.

Obviously you cannot disagree with the WBTS and remain a JW. Anybody here afraid of Cedars?

RELATIONSHIP CONTROL

Cults also try to cut you off from your friends and family because they hate others being able to influence you. A mind control cult will seek to manoeuvre your life so as to maximize your contact with cult members and minimize your contact with people outside the group, especially those who oppose your involvement.

Does the WBTS control your relationships? Of course. AAWA, not so much, and really they wouldnt be able to if they tried.

Now obviously this is a new organization, things could change. What is important is that we have the knowledge to understand how cults work and what tecniques they use so you will know when they are being used.

WBTS, a cult. AAWA, not a cult

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

I'm a strong supporter of AAWA. I'm also a very vocal atheist (some would say anti-theist).

Anyone who thinks that AAWA has anything to do with a cult is an ignorant donkey-hole.

Well said Gopher...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit