AAWA is here!! (The Association of Anti-Watchtower Activists)

by cedars 535 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• cedars
    cedars

Muddy Waters

You are asking for active support, contributions, volunteer help, donations, etc., yet you have excluded so much valuble input from so many esteemed and active people from this forum.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm wondering if you've ever run a business?

Gathering opinions from Witnesses on flawed Watchtower policies (per JWsurvey) and setting up a legal corporation are two completely different things. I don't know of any business where its key elements, including its name, were decided on by an internet forum. As great as JWN is, it's not the answer to everything in life. A place for people to come together and share opinions and experiences, yes. A think tank for making business decisions and setting up legal corporations? I respectfully beg to differ.

Cedars

• DNCall
    DNCall

I for one applaud the name. It is straightforward and there is no mistaking what the association is about.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

My 2 cents on the name: it's fine.

Do I think I would have picked that name? Probably not, but whatever.

When you think about it, there are two groups of people on planet earth looking at this name:

1) The 99.9% of people on the outside who are already pretty much anti-Watchtower anyway! Stop ringing my doorbell and pushing your cheesy 16 page "magazine" with bad cult cover art! Get away from us! Help us AAWA!!! [the AAWA "bat signal" goes up over lower Manhattan]

and

2) The .1% of Jehovah's witnesses inside, who would run hysterically from AAWA even you renamed it "We Have The Warm Fuzzies For Watchtower" (WHTWFFW). It is a Satanic, evil apostate organization no matter what it's called.

The name won't be as important as what it actually accomplishes.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    breakfastofchampions - "[the AAWA "bat signal" goes up over lower Manhattan]"

Cue the Danny Elfman theme...

• NomadSoul
  • Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Cedars, by only posting a PARTIAL quote from my opinion/observances, you neglected to respond to the MAIN point I was making.

My post (at bottom of page 12) read:

Cedars, regarding your reply to Vidiot:

Vidiot: "... had you guys considered fielding the JWN community for name suggestions?"

Cedars: "JWN is great and we value its support. For this reason we approached Simon directly before posting about AAWA, just to make sure we weren't treading on any toes. However on the decision-making side we are essentially running a business - and businesses are run by small groups of committed individuals and not by hundreds or thousands of people with completely varying mindsets, objectives and agendas. In the case of setting up AAWA, we preferred weeks of careful thought and deliberation between a group of likeminded and established activists to open debate on an internet forum. I think, as time passes, this will prove to have been the most prudent approach, but we are happy to let time be the judge of that."

I appreciate that you're running a business, yet I feel a bit hurt by this statement. After all, you do manage a website called JW SURVEY, and you do know that there are many intelligent, thoughtful people here at JWN who could give you valuble insight and opinions. I appreciate the aims, goals, and mission statement of AAWA, yet only a very small community of people were actively involved (eight people) and you wished to spring your newly formed non-profit organization as a surprise to everybody here.

You are asking for active support, contributions, volunteer help, donations, etc., yet you have excluded so much valuble input from so many esteemed and active people from this forum.

I do not wish to sound complaining. But your answer to Vidiot lacks some validity especially given the years you have spent in compiling information from surveys and the valuble information you have been given through your surveys. At some point you do need to come to a decision and reach consensus, I understand that. It just feels like there was HASTE and secrecy in putting your new association together. But perhaps not, as I do not know anything that has happened behind the scenes and the many emails and private messages and correspondence, legal activity, etc., which must have been going on as you incorporated this new association.

But when you run a website which very specifically asks for information through SURVEYS, it rather surprises me that there was no survey taken regarding a name for this association that you and a select few were putting together.

I do wish you all the best and I do very much agree that you have a worthy mission and goals through AAWA.

As you can see from the CONTENT and whole of my post, I was rather questioning your reply to Vidiot regarding gathering input from more people concerning a name for your newly-formed association, especially seeing as how you run and operate a website specifically designed to gather information from SURVEYS.

Anyway, carry on, and have a fine day, dear sir. I do applaud the lofty goals and aims of AARWA.

- Muddy

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks Muddy Waters - quotes are usually partial though, wouldn't you say?! You must forgive me but I'm extremely busy with phonecalls and emails at the moment and I have absolutely no time to be giving a line-by-line response to everything you say.

Cedars

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

What does the R stand for?

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Hey, Cedars, that's all right. No worries. As mentioned, I support and laud the AAWA's aims, goals, and mission statement.
    (even if I don't totally like the name!) :)

You asked me if I ran a business, and at first wasn't going to answer, but thought you'd find this funny... but YES, I do, lol! I am co-owner of a small cleaning company! (What a surprise, hey! Imagine that! -- a JW or ex-JW rather, in the cleaning business!) But our company is *limited* rather than incorporated.

All the best to you and AAWA.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    breakfastofchampions - "[the AAWA "bat signal" goes up over lower Manhattan]"
    Vidiot - "Cue the Danny Elfman theme..."

And on that note:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit