AAWA is here!! (The Association of Anti-Watchtower Activists)

by cedars 535 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• whathappened
    whathappened

The name may actually call attention to this group, which is good. Many will be asking questions about it and what it is all about. It is attention getting, as we have seen this on this 14 page thread in just two days!

Lets roll up our sleeves and get to work. We need to be supportive of those who are sticking their noses out there and putting there names on the line.

• cofty
    cofty

Fair comment Cedars thanks.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Frankly, I don't think that the opinions toward AAWA of any believing Jw's would be even slightly affected by the name.. You could call it 'association of fluffy bunny rabbit lovers' and one look at the material/videos/media coverage etc that is critical of the WT/doctrines would immediately trigger alarms and send them ducking behind the nearest sofa.. Further, anyone like us who needs/has needed support and already doesn't believe the WT wouldn't care what it is called. I think that sites such as Jwfacts and Jwn still have a vital role to play for those Jw's who still believe but have doubts, if they're not scared away by insensitive posters.. And I agree with Cedars that the name being changed according to public opinion, especially so soon after launch, wouldn't make the association appear very professional. I suppose that we could always discuss different names for an organisation we would start or have a poll on another thread, rather than bog this one down needlessly when the decision has been made by the man responsible for the success of this bold venture. http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/250134/1/If-you-started-an-organisation-related-to-exposing-the-Watchtower-helping-Jws-who-are-disfellowshipped-or-any-other-worthy-cause-What-would-it-be-called-and-what-would-you-aim-to-achieve

• Gayle
    Gayle

May the Association grow to 144,000!

• cedars
    cedars

The Quiet One

Thanks for those observations. If you'll permit me to make one minor correction: decisions are not made by me, but by the board. AAWA is a group effort. I have one vote on the board like every other board member. It would amount to nothing if there was only me behind it.

Cedars

• Oubliette
  • cantleave
    cantleave

More like

• poppers
    poppers

Vidiot's brilliant "bat signal" would make a great T-shirt/sweatshirt/hoodie design. Perhaps someone could set up a way to earn money for AAWA by printing and selling them.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

What do you mean? ^

• cedars
    cedars

poppers

Vidiot's brilliant "bat signal" would make a great T-shirt/sweatshirt/hoodie design. Perhaps someone could set up a way to earn money for AAWA by printing and selling them.

Watch this space!

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit