AAWA is here!! (The Association of Anti-Watchtower Activists)

by cedars 535 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Borges - one for you.........

• carla
    carla

marking

• clarity
    clarity

Borges...

way to go!

>

>

So, it sounds like maybe something more non combative

would be 'nicer'??

Are we still stuck in ... trying to be all things to all people!

Trying to stay in the watchtowers good books!

Afraid to offend .....

>

Ya... lets soften our intent, lets be like an old dog..with no teeth!

>

NOT !!!!!!!

>

LOVE this name!

clarity ... who used to be much nicer!

• extractor
    extractor

Cedars
    Imagine what we could produce if we were able to allocate budgets to video-making,  
    and produce sleek infomercials as Watchtower has started doing? 

Imagine an actual national TV commercial add campaign! Yes, this would cost a small fortune but, 99% of humanity has NO CLUE what the WT is. 
    I always get, "What's the problem? They're just nice people."  
  • Borges
    Borges

punkofnice -

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

I too, feel the "anti" sounds aggressive and angry, and could be (if you excuse the expression) a "stumbling block" to JWs who are still indoctrinated or "waking up".

I *LOVE* Stonewall's suggested name: "Association Against Watchtower Abuse" (and his observations on page 10 on this thread). Also agree with Flipper's comments about the AAWA's name which Flipper elaborated on as well (page 9 of this thread).

Would it be very difficult to change the name now?

Having given input about the name, I love the aims and goals of this association and its 5 main issues with the WTS. Terry gave some excellent suggestions in his post (page 9 of this thread), which I'm sure many would appreciate being considered.

- Muddy

• DT
    DT

There sure has been a lot of debate about the name. I think that is a sign that it is effective.

I think there is a need for a vocal anti Watchtower group as well as a need for other groups that are more moderate. Instead of asking if it's the right name for the group, maybe we should ask if it's the right group for the name. I think we have a winning combination. The group is willing to take a powerful stand, but it's clear that they are against the ruling structure, not the religion or the people.

If someone wants a different name, there isn't anything to stop them from forming a different group. In fact, the name of this group suggests that they are willing to coordinate their efforts with other groups and organizations.

• cedars
    cedars

Muddy Waters

Would it be very difficult to change the name now?

Yes it would, but it's not just that. AAWA's board voted on its name, and I'm a firm believer that once a decision is voted on, we stick to it. We will soon become a laughing stock to the boys in Brooklyn if everything we do and say is subject to constant U-turns. We are a clearly defined organization with a name that we can be proud of, and we are already taking on supporters, volunteers and donations. It's up to us now to prove to the community that we are serious by delivering on our promises. Don't judge us by our name, judge us by our mission statement and, most importantly, by our results.

Cedars

• DT
    DT

"I'm a firm believer that once a decision is voted on, we stick to it."

I think that is one of the things that can make this group effective. I have seen all sorts of great ideas on this board fail to get any traction because of bickering and disagreements about how to proceed. A small group can be far more effective in getting things started. Then others can choose to help if they wish.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Cedars -

I'm a firm believer that once a decision is voted on, we stick to it.

Agreed. That's how we work in the band I'm in!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit