“New light” Watchtower magazine leaked from organization weeks ahead of general release

by cedars 211 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

One could assume that Russell was posthumously a weed, as the board members who were kicked out were eliminated for their wanting to adhere to his directions for the Organization.

• cedars
    cedars

pixel - thanks! Yes, my source new about my intentions for the material from the outset and was fully consulted.

Cedars

• pixel
    pixel

“Were the Bible Students in the years that lead up to 1914 the appointed channel through which Christ would feed his sheep? No. They were still in the growing season, and the arrangement for a channel to provide spiritual food was taking shape. The time had not yet come for the weed-like imitation Christians to be separated from the true Christian wheat .” (w13 7/15 p.19)

This opens the door to discard any belive held by Russel and Co. with a blink of the eye. Is it 1914 at risk now??

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

can't wait to read the articles for myself when they finally appear on jworg

guffawing loudly at this

This should raise eyebrows among personnel within the UN, whose own Declaration of Human Rights enshrines the "freedom of religion" - a fact noted by the Society in past publications. (g86 10/22 p. 31)
  • pixel
    pixel

Thanks Cedars. Lol. Hopefully in the future we get more of this (Careful, thou)

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Still in the middle of reading ... spotted this typo:

Note, however, that the word “slave” In Jesus’ illustration is singular - needs a lower case 'i' for 'in.'

Back later ...

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

pixel: "This opens the door to discard any belive held by Russel and Co. with a blink of the eye. Is it 1914 at risk now??"

That thought was going through my head when reading Cedar's article.

Are they subliminally laying groundwork for removing Jesus' invisible presence from 1914? Are they removing the appointing of the slave from the parousia and going to reintroduce the parousia as a future event with his return to appoint them over all of his belongings?

• Emery
    Emery

The Watchtower still doesn't address the big question. What kind of inspection did Jesus make during 1914-1919?? What was his choosing based on? The critieria or details for being chosen are not given in Malachi 3:1-4. Neither is there any element of Jesus communicating doctrines or wishes via an earthly channel in the parable of Matthew 24:45-47.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

I mentioned this yesterday... might be useful to add to the article to show the lengths to which the GB is going to downplay Russell's involvement.

The Finished Ministry, 1918, immediately in the preface states:

page 2

"The great Master laid special emphasis on the importance of the messenger to the seventh, or Laodicean, period of the Church, saying that such an one would be "a faithful and wise servant, whom his Lord would make ruler over all His Household, to give them meat in due season."

"Those consecrated Christians who have read and fully appreciated the Truth as contained in the preceding six volumes of STUDIES IN THE SCRIPTURES readily see and agree that Charles Taze Russell was the messenger of the Church of Laodicea. In the mind of every one who believes the Bible the evidence set forth in this volume will establish that fact beyond the question of a doubt."

page 4

"In 1879 Charles Taze Russell began the publication of THE WATCH TOWER, of which he was the sole editor as long as he remained on earth. THE WATCH TOWER was, and is, the first and only journal declaring the presence of the Lord Jesus. Pastor Russell being the messenger to the Laodicean Church, and occupying the position of the Lord's special servant to give the Household of Faith meat in due season..."

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks folks!

AnnOMaly - well spotted, I've corrected it.

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit