“New light” Watchtower magazine leaked from organization weeks ahead of general release

by cedars 211 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks sd-7. I too find the history side of it fascinating. I always held the Proclaimers book in awe as a youngster, but the more I'm uncovering in my ongoing research the more I discover that Watchtower's version of events is almost a complete work of fiction - the type you would expect if the wrong type of people assumed power to begin with.

Hmm. Maybe they do need to write a new Bible, or maybe they already have, and that's what'll be released at the convention.

That would make sense. However, I am given to understand that there will be a release of some significance this summer - but it won't be a new NWT.

Cedars

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

" Why | Oct 8, 2012 Why do ex-jw's flap about like headless chickens when we simply get a new understandingon prophetic scripture? It bazaar how much more this affects you lot? Prophecy Is meant to be used and as a refining thing as we see it fulfilled around us or if we make mistakes on it. Like as said earlier most witnesses will nod their head and say that makes sense!" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/jehovahs-witness/T4CEDK8EPM7NEGETH/p4

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Cedars, you are doing an amazing job mate!

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

I know you wanted current discussion from JWTalk, but maybe these are the next best thing? ^^^

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Quite One - After reading your selections from jwtalk, I don't think I can stomach reading any more.

• Listener
    Listener

They have failed in advising where they get their authority to Govern. The FDS is only appointed to provide spiritual food, nothing else as they are no longer believed to be appointed over all Christs' belongings, this previously gave them more authority than restricting their role as providing the spiritual food.

It is the WTBTS that fill the role of providing spiritual food, the GB only supervise that and direct the teachings to their own beliefs.

The funny thing about this new teaching is that they are saying the previous persons who believed they were part of the FDS were all wrong. They have chosen for themselves to change this and are going against what the old FDS taught.

Thanks Cedars for all your work and also making yourself available for other concerned people to approach you.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Jwfacts-- I wasn't presenting these as a defense, they just seemed to indicate how many jws would likely react.. You may have the wrong idea of me from that crackpot 'false prophet' thread. I've changed since then.. Anyway, sorry if you found it distressing :)

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

We've had over 8,000 unique visits to the site over the last 3 days, so hopefully there will be at least some active/indoctrinated JWs among that number.

jwfacts should also hopefully have seen a spike in visitors, because his UN/NGO article is our fourth most popular exit link.

Cedars

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

All this crap the GB have come up with about themselves being the FDS is such a blatant power grab. Why would Christians concern themselves with this garbage? It seems the GB are not really Christians, they are just out to control them. I hope this arrogant self promotion helps some poor JWs wake up, my family especially. Thanks for your efforts Cedars.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

NOT a faithful and discreet slave class:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit