new member- my story

by AndDontCallMeShirley 80 Replies latest jw experiences

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

That was a wonderfully well written introduction.

Welcome to the forum.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

To - Not Shirley

From - Shirley

So you will be the official "male Shirley" of the board!

What I find interesting is that you said you've given talks at the conventions but you were not an elder. I was always of the impression that only elders were given the "high and mighty" priviledge of speaking at the conventions.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

He explained that back on page 2 - " My convention talks were on the Ministry School. My interviews were because I was a Pioneer."

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Tut Tut Shirley, you really must read people's posts, Mr DCM Shirley said the talks he gave were on the TMS part at the convention, up and coming MS's are often given this "privilege" to make all their ass-licking worth while (not that I am suggesting that applies to Shirley at all, just some of 'em).

Welcome DCM Shirley !

I too left for doctrinal reasons, 1914 and the worship of the GB.

Can I ask you please, is there one of the unique doctrines of the WT that you still believe is true ?

By doctrine, I mean what they do teach, not what they don't, immortal soul, hell-fire etc, but any of their unique doctrines ?

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

punkofnice:

"My breaking point was that when a person is judged in a JC, the 'judgement' is said to come from Jehovah(TM) himself.

My question was 'Why is the accused given 7 days to appeal Jehovah's(TM) inerrant desicion?'"

Exactly! It shows the illogical contradiction of the WT and its policies.

If Holy Spirit is really guiding the Elder's decision, then allowing seven days to appeal is, in reality, questioning the Holy Spirit's decision.

Since the WT allows seven days to appeal, that reveals the GB doesn't even believe Holy Spirit influenced the Elders! Otherwise there would be no reason to appeal.

Good observation!

The other thing about JC procedure I could never agree with is, that sometimes in as little as 10-15 minutes of discussion by the Elders, they decide the spiritual fate of a JW who may have been faithful for decades. The Elders take little if any time to actually consult all the relevant scriptures, then go home and think about it for a day or two (or more) then come to a decsion. The process is unloving and legalistic, and has nothing to do with spiritually "restoring" someone who's made a mistake. It's about policy, procedure and punishment, nothing more.

The basis WT uses for DF is completely false anyway and takes scriptures obscenely out of context. This so-called "loving arrangement" is nothing more than a tool used to instill fear and compliance into the JW ranks.

---

ShirleyW:

I feel closer to you already! lol.

To answer your question, Re: talks on the convention program: I pointed out earlier that I had talks on the "Theocratic Ministry School" portion of the Circuit Assembly program. Any publisher "in good standing" and "exemplary"can be used for those parts. I was a full-time pioneer at the time.

"So you will be the official "male Shirley" of the board!"

Yes, I guess that is so. Just don't call me Shirley!

• flipper
    flipper

ANDONTCALLMESHIRLEY- Welcome to the board ! Yep. You pretty much summed up how I viewed the organization after I exited 9 years ago as well. Good opening thread ! You are among friends here. We will be a support to you. Hang in there. Peace out, mr. Flipper

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I must say, I did similarly as far as searching wherever my path took me to know the real truth.

jwfacts.com was instrumental to me, along with other information that showed me how Russell had actually come out with different expectations and how his formulas were taken from previous people and modified and remodified after Russell's life.

Ray Franz books were not my first trip to the dark side, Steve Hassan's COMBATTING CULT MIND CONTROL was first. But CoC was everything you say it was to me also.

I was very disturbed by 1995's change to "generation" and stayed another 10 years, but I have to agree that 2010's "overlapping generation" is the most absurd one yet.

I can tell I will like what you have to say here.

• ragnarok75
    ragnarok75

Wow..enjoyed reading your story.

Welcome and congratulations for a succesful fade.

• Terry
    Terry

DCMS: The other thing about JC procedure I could never agree with is, that sometimes in as little as 10-15 minutes of discussion by the Elders, they decide the spiritual fate of a JW who may have been faithful for decades. The Elders take little if any time to actually consult all the relevant scriptures, then go home and think about it for a day or two (or more) then come to a decsion. The process is unloving and legalistic, and has nothing to do with spiritually "restoring" someone who's made a mistake. It's about policy, procedure and punishment, nothing more.

Precisely what happened in my case.

I had absolutely NO idea I was even in a Judicial Committee meeting!

I had faded.

I thought I was simply going to have a friendly chat between "brothers".

I was so naive, the fact that other brothers were attending what I thought was going to be a private meeting, I didn't even get suspicious!

We did pray before talking, but, why wouldn't we--it was the Kingdom Hall and we were there in a spirit of brotherly love, right?

After 15 minutes I was asked to go outside for a few minutes.

It could not have been more than 5!

When I returned I was absolutely stunned. They told me I had been disfellowshipped.

They did not state my "crime".

Wouldn't you think I'd ASK? No.

I was determined not to burst out in tears and was trying to keep from acting like a girly-man.

Looking back on the questions they had asked I had to assume it was because I had split from my wife.

But, other than that?

I called to talk to the presiding overseer the next day and asked him "why" and he simply said, "What do you care? You weren't coming to the meetings anyway. Your life isn't affected by it."

And it dawned on me that he was correct.

But, as you stated (above) the casual and inhumanly cold handling of my death sentence chilled me to the bone.

The horror began creeping into my guarded containment walls in the brain--I HAD BEEN IN A FALSE RELIGION ALL THOSE YEARS!!

Faithful service meant absolutely NOTHING to anybody!

Once you discover how expendable you are----the finality of departure crushes in on top of you.

Welcome to a life of free expression DCMS!

It takes years and years to shed the thinking, concepts, reasoning and vocabulary of Watchtower madness.

It is like decompressing from the bottom of an ocean as you slowly rise to the surface to breathe free!

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Welcome!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit