new member- my story

by AndDontCallMeShirley 80 Replies latest jw experiences

• Trailer Park Pioneer
    Trailer Park Pioneer

i have enjoyed you posts over the last few years, their often the highlight of my visit to JWN.  We all seem to have had some run-ins with the Self-Appointed JW LawMen!  I heard the lie by someone at Bethel who is one of the assistants to the GB and works in Legal that Ray Franz was pulled off his part in Atlanta because he had a psychotic break, JWs lie.  All anyone has to do is read the writings of this man and they will be like the political followers of Herod, the Sanhedrin security who said "This man speak's nothing bad!" only to have religious leaders say "You too are not deceived, this accursed Crowd is fooled!"

"Then, I did the unthinkable! I read Crisis of Conscience by Ray Franz. I am old enough to remember the great Bethel "apostate" purging of circa 1980. Raymond Franz was the devil incarnate, a rebel against god and his chosen organization! Or so I had always believed. I had resolved that if Crisis of Conscience was nothing more than the rantings of an embittered, disenfranchised JW with an ax to grind, I would discard the book and move on. What I found was quite the contrary . Ray's arguments are flawless, his insider-view of the Organization devastating to WT theology, and his demeanor beyond criticism. After completing his book, I concluded that, if the WT organization was headed by men like Ray Franz, it would truly be a Christ-like arrangement, not the Pharisaical monopoly it is now, hijacked by self-aggrandizing depots and tyrannical spiritual thugs promoting a secular agenda masquerading as religion. I have since read In Search of Christian Freedom, equally as good as CoC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit