new member- my story

by AndDontCallMeShirley 80 Replies latest jw experiences

• Glander
    Glander

Nice to hear that someone with such a high profile in the borg can get away with a fade. Did it involve moving away from the area?

PS - Are you finding yourself having to dissemble with old friends or relatives?

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Very cool story of your awakening. Great to have you here.

When you mentioned how many times "org" and "GB" were mentioned at that DC do you have the specific numbers compared to Jehovah and Jesus?

Just curious.

• bigmac
    bigmac

welcome==to the rest of your life

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Welcome. Did you have the fish or lasagna?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Welcome.

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

Welcome Don'tCallMeShirley!

That is amazing to hear you are a 4th generation and were able to learn TTATT. I'm very interested in hearing some of your stories and expereinces.

You remind me of a dear older brother who was in my old hall, who was I think the most intellgent man I've know (other than my father of course), I ended up adopting him as my grandpa since I had lost mine. We would play old maid together all the time, but I think if he was still alive he would have woke up to TTATT, and your story and "smarts thinkin'" remind me of him.

Welcome and I look forward to more of your experiences.

G

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, Shirley! Lots of newcomers write more than they planned. I figure this is good. There's something freeing about openly expressing our feelings in a forum where the worst consequence is a bruised ego. Even better when we get our feelings and our observations validated, or if we weather the slings and arrows of a worthy opponent. This is the freedom of a discussion board. Enjoy.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

AndDon'tCallMeShirles...surely you jest...Oh goody...we have another one that likes to have fun!

A.D.C.M.S. is it now agreed...Jw's 7 1/2 million, minus one more? Yay! Let's celebrate!

I truly am happified that your perfect storm washed you ashore here. Welcome!

Just Lois

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

It is interesting with the overlapping generations. I cannot see how a thinking person could accept a teaching like that; it's so obvious that they changed the generation-teaching in some desperate attempt of damage-control. I wonder how many active JW's are waiting on "new light" regarding that generation dogma. These overlapping generations must be considered outright stupid by many active JW's.

• Wholly
    Wholly

I love reading all the ways our Heavenly Father is calling his children out of the world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit