New Pope about to come out

by new22day 303 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sulla
    Sulla

Still looks fake. If the purpose is to fool people into thinking he is christ like and humble...it obviously worked (for some).

Hmm. If the purpose was to fool people, then it worked. And if the purpose was not to fool people...

JWs generally have no familiarity with the Maundy Thursday liturgy (though, as with most JW intellectual lacunae, it does not keep them from forming an opinion), so the gesture is lost on them. In this, as with lots of things, I identify with St. Peter's view: 'You will certainly not wash my feet.'

In any case, it is a most unsettling liturgical practice, which makes it perhaps the most interesting. It's tough to fake the considerable humility required to participate in it, even if that level of humility doesn't stick for long.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Wait for Tuesday, Holy Tuesday's are 2-fer Tuesdays.

In that case...I'll have a baby Jesus too...or do you already have Pope Francis key chains?

Tell me, where will this money be going? To the poor? I hope so, since we don't need to pay indulgences to the church to keep unbaptised babies out of purgatory these days, the church thankfully said...they got that all wrong....whoops!

• still thinking
    still thinking

It's tough to fake the considerable humility required to participate in it, even if that level of humility doesn't stick for long.

Never heard of ACTING then? Handy that there were LOTS of cameras to record this humble act wasn't it. It wasn't exactly spur of the moment.

• designs
    designs

The Holy Entourage

• jgnat
    jgnat

Consider the failed communist state of the USSR. The last Secretary, a man groomed from within, changed it all. Now granted, Russia is still recovering, but it had to be done.

We shall see how effective this pope is in reforming the Church.

• designs
    designs

jgnat- How do you see Francis I addressing women's issues.

• designs
    designs

If a GB member rented an apartment to live in and took the bus to Bethel would you think more highly of him.

• still thinking
    still thinking

If a GB member rented an apartment to live in and took the bus to Bethel would you think more highly of him.

don't be silly...he would have to stage a picture of himself washing people feet before I would think more highly of him...

Those GB just have no idea what media opportunity is...they only cater to people who read their magazines.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Designs, I will wait and see. Catholic reform is as speedy as molasses.

The Queen of England has brought in some necessary reforms. Daughters now inherit as equally as sons. I think she also allowed for retirement.

• new22day
    new22day

I agree with jgnat. Reform of the church will take years. No point putting too many expectations on this pope or any other at this time. One thing, the RCC, unlike the JWs, is a choice. People can freely leave (many are) and they can disagree with policy and practice and doctrine. It's no big whoop.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit