A question about lying and the Jehovah's Witnesses

by Change Name 138 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

One thing you've got to realize Change Name, is that people who are exposing the Truth about the WTS., do so mostly under their personal integrity.

They too get pissed off when someone puts out false and misleading information about the WTS.

Thats not the desired intent and never will be.

You mentioned about the NGO situation, it seems you've just read the white washing the WTS. supporters came up with , thats

totally NOT the Truth of the matter what so ever. Any lame brain idiot knows from reading and comprehending what it means for

a organization to sign up as a NGO under the intuitive of UN, is expected to be in acceptance and compliance to that directive.

The WTS. tried to spin things around when they did openly got caught though.

It was so embarrassing for the WTS. when they did get caught, that in fact they even went to say the UN isn't that bad of an organization.

Designed and orchestrated lies makes up for what doctrines this organization has come up with, but it was obviously done

with the intent of literature proliferation , theirs

REALLY !

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I am not interested in copy and pasters

Ironic that you copy and pasted some articles about lying, yet do not want others to do the same as yourself.

You reference a couple of Watchtower articles that say don't lie, yet they are in themselves a lie, as can be seen by the dishonesty within the Watchtower. See Misquotes, Deception and Lies for some examples, and that is in print. What is said is regularly even more dishonest, such as the video from Billy.

• Satanus
    Satanus

The wt uses the bible to justify lying.

*** w56 2/1 pp. 80-81 pars. 18-19 Cautious as Serpents Among Wolves ***
    She said: “Yes, the men did come to me and I did not know from where they were. And it came about at the closing of the gate by dark that the men went out. I just do not know where the men have gone. Chase after them quickly, for you will overtake them.” Was she immorally lying there?
    19 Remember that there was war then. The enemies did not deserve to learn the truth to the hurt or endangerment of Jehovah’s servants. In wartime it is proper to misdirect the wolfish enemy. While the king’s misdirected men were gone in a vain pursuit, Rahab helped the two spies to escape over the city wall. God’s Word commends her action as the practical proof of her faith: “In the same manner was not also Rahab the harlot declared righteous by works, after she had received the messengers hospitably and sent them out by another way?” So the lives of Rahab and her relatives were spared when Jericho’s walls were tumbled down and all the other cityfolk were wiped out.—Josh. 2:1-24; 6:17-23 and Jas. 2:25, NW.

Spiritual warfare. Wt is on a continuous war footing, a war, the world against jws, as they see it, until jehovah comes and kills off all worldlings. The wt extolls rahabs lying. As rahab lied, so too, jws can lie to those undeserving of truth, according to them.

It's not me w my head in the sand. Its change name who prefers his/her head in the sand, as he/she will continue to demonstrate.

S

• blondie
    blondie

In the same year, 1993, the WTS said two contradictory statements.

*** w93 1/15 p. 5 ‘Caught Away to Meet the Lord’—How? ***

When a foreign head of State visits a country, the dates of his presence there are generally announced. This has been true of the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ. The Watchtower has consistently presented evidence to honesthearted students of Bible prophecy that Jesus’ presence in heavenly Kingdom power began in 1914. Events since that year testify to Jesus’ invisible presence. (Matthew 24:3-14)

(But the WTS was not consistent)

***Proclaimers book (1993) jv chap. 28 p. 632 Testing and Sifting From Within***

Based on the premise that events of the first century might find parallels in related events later, they also concluded that if Jesus’ baptism and anointing in the autumn of 29 C.E. paralleled the beginning of an invisible presence in 1874, then his riding into Jerusalem as King in the spring of 33 C.E. would point to the spring of 1878 as the time when he would assume his power as heavenly King.

(as well as saying Jesus became king in 1878 not 1914)

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

Jesus came invisibly in 1874 untill the the 1930's, when 1914 was re-introduced. I wonder how many now living JW's that are aware of that. I had no idea when I was a JW, in fact I learned this just some years ago.

But it is an interesting fact that the year 1914 was just a failure for a lot of years.

• Satanus
    Satanus

When bible heroes like david or abraham lie, it is good. When lower level bible characters lie, then its bad. Jehovah blesses the lies of the higher ups, and curses the lying of the lower ones. Maybe, thats why wt corporate lies are justified by people like change name, while those lowly publishers telling a lie to ones to whom they are responsible, like elders, cos or dos are considered worthy of death.

S

• jgnat
    jgnat

So you got the sales pitch, Change Name, without ever trying to live it.

I've been suckered like that before, too. Like picking movies based on reviewer comments. Often my random picks were far better.

Will you be attending the Memorial?

• Gopher
    Gopher

Did the Awake magazine tell the truth in its May 22, 1969 issue, when it said the below:

If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fullfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. Of the generation that observed the beginning of the 'last days' in 1914, Jesus foretold:'This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur.' Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers.

I was 8 in 1969 and staked my hope on words like these when I got just a little older. (My parents raised me JW from when I was born in December 1960.)

Now the "present system" has lasted 44 years, more than a "few years".

They said it was a FACT we young people of the time would grow older then. They didn't say it was their understanding.

When you say something is a FACT and it isn't, what is it? Take your pick - would it be a false prophecy, or a lie?

• Satanus
    Satanus

If change name is pushing something that he/she isn't doing, just to get reactions, is that trolling? To explain, change name claims NOT being a witness. Yet, he/she is pasting standard wt arguements.

S

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

I don't think he/she is trolling.........maybe he/she is just trying to do some wittnessing, In some way he/she seem to be interested in what we have to say. Change name has told us that he/she is not baptized, maybe this is some way for him/her to explore the XJV-community...and I think that's a good idea.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit