A question about lying and the Jehovah's Witnesses

by Change Name 138 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"Why do opposers and apostates to Jehovah's Witnesses like to twist their teaching in regards to lying and claim that Jehovah's Witnesses lie through their teeth because they are allowed to because of something called "theocratic warfare"? The teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses are plain with the links above."

The teachings of JWs are clearly exposed in all of their older publications. For example:

***km10/93 p.8 Using Our Magazines From House to House***
    The purpose of Awake! is stated clearly on page 4 of each issue: "This magazine builds confidence in the Creator’s promise of a peaceful and secure new world before the generation that saw the events of 1914 passes away." Certainly such a magazine deserves as wide a distribution as possible in our house-to-house ministry!

WTBTS stated the Creator promised armageddon before the generation that saw the events of 1914 pass away. That was more than an "untruth", it was A LIE! They made false claims and false prophecies. WT doesn't need the verbage of "theocratic warfare" to cover their history of lying. The teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses are filled with lies throughout the history of their publications. Why do you think they condemn "critical thinking"? Obviously because their teachings and history cannot stand up to any scrutiny. Consequently, they have to rely on a lot of smoke and mirrors to trick the sheeple into thinking that the WT dispensed lies have been for their good. See the January WT of this year for their worst example of excusing their lies as being "a good thing".

JWs don't just lie because of the excuse of "theocratic warfare." JWs are trained to lie because their lies aren't "really lies", their "untruths" are supposed to be a good thing. But lies are lies. Even the Bible Teach book had to admit that. They are condemned by their own curiously self-contradicting words.

• Dismissing servant
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
  • breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

"I am not a Jehovah's Witnesses." <=== this is you perspective. Here is mine:

I was raised a Jehovah's Witness, and as such I was programmed to view the United Nations as just the most disgusting, evil entity on the planet. I remember sitting in the upper decks of Yankee Stadium sweating my ass off listening to Govening Body member after Governing Body member yammer on about how awful, horrible, DISGUSTING the United Nations is. I wasn't even allowed to go on my High School class trip to the UN - that's how seriously this was taken.

Now decades later, I find out the Society has worked through the UN and its agencies to achieve religious freedoms in areas of the world where there are restrictions. Huh?

These guys keep two sets of narrative: one they play by which the average JW doesn't even know about; and one they publish/preach from the podium.

To be honest, if I were to look at it from a worldly guy's [like you] perspective, I really wouldn't give a shit. They're just another religion lobbying a world governmental agency for religious freedom. But being raised and programmed with THEIR NARRATIVE, it is really hard for me to see it any other way than how they called it in the first place.

Edit: sorry strayed a bit off topic. . . Yes they are a bunch of lying bastards! Don't believe it? Get dunked and join the fun!

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

Thank you for helping me with link, Billy. I have forgotten how to link to youtube...but it is interesting that this elder dared to lie in court about the custodty book. But, he is probably very loyal...and this book seems to be a bit "confidential"

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Questions From Readers, The Watchtower , June 1, 1960, at 352 (Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc. CD-ROM, 2010) (As a soldier of Christ he is in theocratic warfare and he must exercise added caution when dealing with God’s foes. Thus the Scriptures show that for the purpose of protecting the interests of God’s cause, it is proper to hide the truth from God’s enemies. A Scriptural example of this is that of Rahab the harlot. She hid the Israelite spies because of her faith in their God Jehovah. This she did both by her actions and by her lips. That she had Jehovah’s approval in doing so is seen from James’ recommendation of her faith.—Josh. 2:4, 5; Jas. 2:25.)

Joshua 2:4--Rahab outright lies.

But the woman had taken the two men and hidden them. She said, “Yes, the men came to me, but I did not know where they had come from. 5 At dusk, when it was time to close the city gate, they left. I don’t know which way they went. Go after them quickly. You may catch up with them.” 6 (But she had taken them up to the roof and hidden them under the stalks of flax she had laid out on the roof.)

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

Yes....regarding the UN-scandal there is at least one big lie...the society claimed that they joined the UN as a NGO to get access to the UN library in New York. Thats is just not the case, they could get access to the library without joining as a NGO.

I have heared a little rumour. The reason for joining as NGO was the collapse of the Soviet union. As UN NGO- organisation the society would get help from the UN to establish themselves in a lot of "new" coutries. Is there some more people that have heared this?

The timing is correct, they applied in autumn 1991.

• Satanus
    Satanus

From the site http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2007081:

'Lies, on the other hand, cannot stand the test of time. A tongue that utters falsehood may deceive for a while, but untruth does not prevail in the long term.'

Wt gets around this w its new light doctrine. Old lies replaced w new lies.

S

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"All else - ....I will point my finger at former JW's and opposers of JW's. I will ask pointed questions about you. I will ask you for your beliefs since you "left" the "Watchtower"."

Sounds like you're getting ready for an ad hominem attack. You must really have enjoyed learning that stunt from the JWs. You can't defend their terrible history of "untruths" so you are clinging to the hope that someone will express something that you can attack. That's sad. You start the thread by insisting that JWs don't lie, then instead of defending your claim, you divert the thread into personal attacks on those of us that expose their lies. You should be ashamed of yourself.

My beliefs since leaving the WT? I believe that a religious organization that claims to represent God, but whose prophecies prove to be false, are LIARS! Evidently, you don't agree. But the Bible did express that there would be people like you that love lies.

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

Hey..."Change Name" is not baptized yet.........nice and easy, ladies and gentlemen. I think "Change name" is telling the truth when he/she says so. We don't have enormous amount of brainpower to make an assuption why "Change Name" is posting here.

If you read this "Change name"......yes JW-apologists can be wery "provocative" and raise harm/anger....even I can get a bit upset sometimes.....but, have in mind that most people here have lost a lot of years in an organisation and probably also lost family/relatives/friend. I do think you write here to test us in some way......if we are full of hatered and bitterness, and if we are bad people.

I also think that you have some doubts...that you don't dare to express.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit