A question about lying and the Jehovah's Witnesses

by Change Name 138 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Change Name
    Change Name

I have seen questions regarding how much Jehovah's Witnesses lie all the time on Yahoo Answers. Here is the latest question:

Jehovah's Witnesses, is lying at any time something Jehovah approves of?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AsMnrKSSBoXEVIHuzyJDr1Xty6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20130302060627AAVYrfF

One Jehovah's Witness answered this question with the following:

"Here is what we teach:

Be Honest in All Things
    http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102008073

The Bible’s Viewpoint: Lying—Is It Ever Justified?http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102000087

Why Be Truthful?http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2007081

"While malicious lying is definitely condemned in the Bible, this does not mean that a person is under obligation to divulge truthful information to people who are not entitled to it. Jesus Christ counseled: “Do not give what is holy to dogs, neither throw your pearls before swine, that they may never trample them under their feet and turn around and rip you open.” (Mt 7:6) That is why Jesus on certain occasions refrained from giving full information or direct answers to certain questions when doing so could have brought unnecessary harm. (Mt 15:1-6; 21:23-27; Joh 7:3-10) Evidently the course of Abraham, Isaac, Rahab, and Elisha in misdirecting or in withholding full facts from nonworshipers of Jehovah must be viewed in the same light.—Ge 12:10-19; chap 20; 26:1-10; Jos 2:1-6; Jas 2:25; 2Ki 6:11-23."http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200002738

http://www.jehovahsjudgment.co.uk/watchtower-un-ngo/

"A Not-Guilty Verdict
    In this brief work we have shown you how the Watchtower Society's DPI NGO status has been blown out of proportion by opposers — and how those same opposers wish to silence us. We have seen how the Society's version of events corroborates with all of the evidence we have been able to find — even the “evidence” presented by apostates.

It really saddens us when we think of those former brothers and sisters who listened to such apostates and were misled to the point of either disassociating themselves or being put out of the congregation. The Bible clearly advises us to “avoid” apostate teachers, instructing us to “keep your eye on those who cause divisions and occasions for stumbling contrary to the teaching that you have learned, and avoid them.” Why? Because “men of that sort are slaves, not of our Lord Christ, but of their own bellies; and by smooth talk and complimentary speech they seduce the hearts of guileless ones”. (Romans 16:17-18) The Apostle warned, “your adversary, the Devil, walks about like a roaring lion, seeking to devour someone.” (1 Peter 5:8) It is very sad to see those who have been devoured by the apostate's NGO conspiracy theory."

I am not interested in making this a WT/NGO thread. There is a whole folder for this.

Why do opposers and apostates to Jehovah's Witnesses like to twist their teaching in regards to lying and claim that Jehovah's Witnesses lie through their teeth because they are allowed to because of something called "theocratic warfare"? The teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses are plain with the links above.

I am not interested in copy and pasters loading this topic up with "proof texts" from websites that oppose them. I would like to know why people overlook this blantant misrepresentation of their teachings.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Aren't apologists the sweetest thing?

• Change Name
    Change Name

horray for me... my question has been discarded and I was labeled an apologist... lol

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

If the label fits... Is not much of a question. It's more of a limp challenge that has been seen before on this board. But that cool. Guess it's time for a redo.

Happy happy joy joy

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Change Name, but you are an apologist. It is okay for JW's to lie. It is called "spiritual warfare."

• Change Name
    Change Name

Hi there Josie

dunno what you just said... "disgraded"? - You are saying you post what you want any place you want regardless of the rules.

1.Insulting, threatening or provoking language
    2.Inciting hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality or other personal characteristic.
    3.Swearing, using hate-speech or making obscene or vulgar comments.
    4.Breaking the law
    This includes libel, condoning illegal activity and contempt of court (comments which might affect the outcome of an approaching court case). You may post a small amount of third party material, but please help us to avoid breaching copyright by naming its author and publication. We are unable to investigate all third party material, so where possible, please provide a link instead.
    5.Spamming
    Please don't add the same comment to more than one forum.
    6.Advertising
    You can mention relevant, non-commercial websites as long as they support your comment.
    7.Impersonating or falsely claiming to represent a person or organisation.
    Please don't mislead other users by abusing our registration procedure.
    8.Posting in a language other than English.
    9.Invading people's privacy
    Please don't post private addresses or phone numbers, including your own. You may post email addresses so long as you make it clear who they belong to.
    10.Posting an off-topic comment.11.Publicly disputing or arguing about moderator decisions
    If you disagree with any action taken then please raise it via email or PM.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

What agreement has the temple of God with idols. 2Cor 6:15 NRSV

It makes me think of this scripture.

• Satanus
    Satanus

'lying is definitely condemned in the Bible, this does not mean that a person is under obligation to divulge truthful information to people who are not entitled to it.'

As you quote, lying is ok, especially to us apostates, who don't deserve truth. Right? So, in arguing w us, you can say absolutely anything. Any and all lies to us apostates is ok.

S

• wasblind
    wasblind

I am not interested in copy and pasters loading this topic up with "proof texts"_____Change name

We Already know your not interested in proof from your own text

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Hm, I just love implied threats. Oooo, I'm so scared...haha no. And no, you will not recieve a pm from me.

But really, your topic is a thinly veiled attempted to discredit us apostates. It's been tried before. Me, I like the back and forth and eventually pile on. You'll be here for a while and then you will leave. Possibly in a flame. Then the next apologist will come and it will start over.

And so it goes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit