A question about lying and the Jehovah's Witnesses

by Change Name 138 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

In the 2/1/2007 WT, p.6, they chose to put in bold, "Every lie is an untruth, but not every untruth is a lie."

This is the type of thinking that guarantees someone is a liar. In the article, they cherry-pick their definition to excuse the fact that WT has claimed to speak God's promises for what turn out to be false prophecies. They defend themselves by claiming that since they believed it, it wasn't a lie. Duh. And for that matter, how can they dare to call the devil a liar? Adam and Eve learned the difference between good and bad, and they didn't die the same day they ate the fruit, they lived for nearly 1000 years! Satan is a better source of truth than WT is!

Look at ANY religion and you'll find people to believe theirs is the truth! But that doesn't make it the truth. WT will gladly call others liars, but they can't stand to have the finger pointed back at them. So they're not "liars", they're "untruthers." In the end, the results are the same.

Why does WT have to keep releasing new publications and ragazines with "new light"? Because all their old light proved to be LIES!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn_PSJsl0LQ

• wasblind
    wasblind

"While malicious lying is definitely condemned in the Bible, this does not mean that a person is under obligation to divulge truthful information to people who are not entitled to it.___Change Name

Anytime you go from House to House expectin' folks to buy into the things you preach

that will affect their lives, You have a MORAL OBLIGATION to divulge ALL truthful information

so the house holder can make a well informed choice

Anything less is MISLEADING

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

And a lie called omission.

• Change Name
    Change Name

Hi Mr Freeze - I disagree. It is not okay for Jehovah's Witnesses to lie. There were a few links that shows you what they teach. From what I have read, "spiritual warfare" is withholding information, not lying. You can give no information by not answering. The JW's give Matthew 15:1-6 as a reference to this type of "spiritual warfare". Jesus was asked a simple question. Jesus answered the question with one of this own, deflecting the animosity of the question from his discples to thsoe of the Pharisee and their traditions. What I find interesting is that anti-JW "apologists" refuse to quote the whole quote in regards to this. Why do you suppose that is?

Hi Uncantnom - uhmm OKay.

Hi Satanus - Where does the quote tell you that it is okay to lie to you? Withhold information is what it says. If you ask a JW where the rest of the congregation is so you can get them arrested for blaphemy against the state, they have the right to withhold that information by not giving you an answer. Look at the scriptures used in order to see what is meant and a full explanation will be given you.

Josie Jones - Then keep to yourself if you are tired of all the JW apologists that come to this forum. Keep slapping each others back on how wise you were to "get out" of the hated "Watchtower". Must get old posting whitty remarks like you do...

All else - I am not a Jehovah's Witnesses. I have studied with them for 2 years and then stopped last June because we went through the two books. I will point my finger at former JW's and opposers of JW's. I will ask pointed questions about you. I will ask you for your beliefs since you "left" the "Watchtower". I do not believe everything that the JW's taught me. I have come to the conclusion that they are the closest thing to a Christian people. You agree to disagree.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Tell it Josie

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Oh I'm not tired of the apologists. I like having them here. They serve an important purpose. I leave it to you to figure out how and why.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Don't you see the distinction the WT makes here? It says malicious lying is not okay, but it says they are not required to divulge TRUTHFUL INFORMATION to those who are not entitled to it. That statement is saying it is okay to give untruthful information to protect the organization or people in the organization. Remember in the Bible when Abraham told a lie about his wife so he wouldn't be killed? Sure didn't seem to lose God's blessing.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Also, if they are the "closest thing" why didn't you become a member?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Evidentlythe course of Abraham, Isaac, Rahab, and Elisha in misdirecting or in withholding full facts
    from nonworshipers of Jehovah must be viewed in the same light.
    —Ge 12:10-19; chap 20; 26:1-10; Jos 2:1-6; Jas 2:25; 2Ki 6:11-23."

Evidently!..

The word the WBT$ uses when they have No Evidence!..

Your instructed by the WBT$ not to tell us the Truth

It`s your WBT$ License to Lie..

You`ve provided proof,we can`t trust a word you say..

I`d like to Nominate You for the..

JWN..

..........................  photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• wasblind
    wasblind

Here's some " Proof " of their " Texts " that you didn't want on this thread ( spiritual warfare )

also known as " LYING "

Misleading public information

" No one should be made to choose between family and religion "_____2009 July Awake

Truthful information

" The person who disassociates himself by repudiating the faith is viewed in the same way as one who is disfellowshipped " ____Organized to do Jehovah will book page 155

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit