A question about lying and the Jehovah's Witnesses

by Change Name 138 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

So rather than posting all the stuff in the last post it was easier to just put

What agreement has the temple of God with idols. 2Cor 6:15 NRSV

It makes me think of this scripture.

I hope this is clearer now but it probably isn't. I probably shouldn't post. lol.

• wasblind
    wasblind

" 1) Bible: Jehovah's witnesses believe that the entire Bible is the inspired word of God."____Reasoning book page 199

How can true prophets and false ones be identified ?

" 1 John 4:1-3 " Test the inspired expression to see whether they originate with God, because many false prophets have gone forth into the world "_______Reasoning book page 132

Under the Heading of False Prophets in the Reasoning book Dueteronomy 18:21-22 is nowhere to be found.

They stopped short at Deuteronomy 18:18-20 on page 133

Clearly the WTS deliberately ommited the inspired expression that best show what they prove to be

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The UN situation with the WTS. is just a slight blip of improprieties accomplished by this ridiculously corrupt and deceiving religious publishing house.

By the way the insinuating proclamation that the UN is a evil great wild beast operating as a orchestrated agent of Satan the Devil is about as stupid

and untruthful as one could possibly be.

The UN isn't even a government in the sense that it was established to help people or select recognized organizations

and countries to work out their problems and strive for a peaceful cooperation for the betterment toward all.

If the WTS. didn't laminate something egregiously stupid back in the day they could possibly have used the UN to further their own initiative

in countries where they are having problems operating in, but just as all other large organized institutions such as Churches, governments etc. the WTS.

had to blacken the image of those institutions, to make themselves standout righteously appealing and divinely pure.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Change Name

The following quote is from the Watchtower to the public October 2011, page 27. It is the most flagrant, bold, deliberate, shameless LIE in recent times coming from the Watchtower.

"What did their analysis reveal? While not all of these sets of lunar positions match the year 568/567 B.C.E., all 13 sets match calculated positions for 20 years earlier, for the year 588/587 B.C.E... Clearly, much of the astronomical data in VAT 4956 fits the year 588 B.C.E. as the 37th year of Nebuchadnezzar II. This, therefore, supports the date of 607 B.C.E. for Jerusalem’s destruction—just as the Bible indicates."

You sound sincere, why don't you do your own research. I am not a JW, but I decided to test the assertions quoted above. I used the same astronomical program the WT used and I can assure you that their LIE is so flagrant, but they trust that you guys will never go through the trouble of testing the information in the article, which is filled with lies, misinformation, misquoting and deception.

Of all 36 astronomical observations I tested from the tablet VAT 4956, only 2 failed for year 568/567 BCE, which is the accepted year by all scholars in the relevant fields. Regarding WT year (588/587 BCE), all planetary observations fail miserably, all intervals (times between the sun and the moon settings and rising) failed too, and only seven lunar observations are a match. When you use a stringent criterion, then all of them fail.

What I liked about my research is that I relied on the most reliable sources that anyone can have: the predictable movement of the planets, the moon and the sun, which move independently of human will, wish or agenda.

This research nailed it for me:

"THE WATCHTOWER LIES DELIBERATELY"

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS. publishing house in its entire history has established a variable cornucopia of deliberate lies to attract the attention from the general public.

Proficiently exploiting the known belief in the bible to support its own literature proliferating agenda.

This organization like many religious organizations use the illusionary imagery of religious virtue to cover over what their agenda really is.

Nevertheless it does create a semblance of perceiving power and control for men which increases at every upward level right to the top dogs

of the WTS. (GB) That assuming realization of that power is what makes up that driving attraction to men, irregardless to how that power is

created and from what resources.

• wasblind
    wasblind

If Someone Says________

' My minister said that Jehovah's Witnesses are false prophets'

You might reply :

'May I ask, did he show you anything in the Bible that describes what we believe or do and that says people of that sort would be false prophets ? May I show you how the Bible describes false prophets ? ( then use one or more points outlined on pages 132-136.)'

DO NOT USE DUETERONOMY 18: 21-22 IT HAS BEEN OMITTED FROM THE CHAPTER

Or you could say : I'm sure you'll agree that specific evidence should back up such a serious charge. Did your minister mention any specific examples ? ( If a householder refers to some claimed " predictions " that did not come to pass, use material on page 134, and from the bottom page 135 to the top of 137.)'

DO NOT USE DUETERONOMY 18:21-22 IT HAS BEEN OMITTED FROM THE CHAPTER

Another possibility : I'm sure that if someone accused you of something similar, you would welcome The opportunity at least to explain your position or point of view wouldn't you ? So may I show you from the Bible.......?'_________Reasoning from the scriptures book page 137

USE NATHAN THE PROPHET AS AN EXAMPLE, AND PRAY THE HOUSEHOLDER DON'T POINT OUT THAT NATHAN DID NOT CLAIM HIS OPINION WAS A PROPHECY FROM GOD

USE LUKE 19:11 AND ACTS 1:6, IF THE HOUSEHOLDER ASK YOU TO SHOW WHERE THE HOLY SPIRIT DIRECTED THE APOSTLES WRONG............. RUN !!!!!!

AND REMEMBER. IF WE DIDN'T PRINT DUETERONOMY 18" 21-22 IN THAT CHAPTER OF THE REASONING BOOK, DON'T BELIEVE A WORD THAT HOUSEHOLDER SAYS !!!!!!!

• rebel8
    rebel8

Based on the scriptures quoted in the OP, spiritual warfare is a far cry from withholding information or not answering a question.

Genesis 12:10-19, chapter 20: Abraham tells his wife to claim she is his sister, not his wife. (She is his half sister--YUCK!) He chose to lie instead of just "not answer a question".

Genesis 26: Isaac does the same thing, except his wife isn't actually his sister. He didn't just "not answer a question".

Joshua 2:1-5: Rahab lied about where the spies were from and their whereabouts. She didn't just "not answer a question".

James 2:25: Says Rahab's lie was righteous.

2Ki 6:11-23: Seems Elisha lied about his identity to avoid the consequences of standing up for Jehovah.

• Balaamsass
  • Island Man
    Island Man

Bumping this thread because of its relevance to a question on Yahoo Answers asked by Change Name. LOL.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit