WT Society holds EXTREME Responsibility for 1975 and False Expectations

by flipper 140 Replies latest jw friends

• worf
    worf

Hello wasblind,

I'm enjoying your comments.

Hello Mum. Thanks for the welcome. Yes I remember you from the protest march at wt hq. That was fun! Didn't know you lived in Tunisia.

Worf

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I lived thru' '75 as a JW. I got craptized at 15 so that invisible sky twat Jehovah(TM) wouldn't lovingly murder me in '75.

Although my Dad was adamant it was just a marked year in history and the big 'A' might not come I was scared.

I remember looking at a calendar in October '75 and thinking that Armageddon(TM) was a bit slow in coming and where was the great tribulation(TM)?

I say this to illustrate that the WBT$ DID say the end would be in '75 despite blaming it on the R&F. Despite back peddling after thy'd raked in the cash. Despite them KNOWING it was all lies to obtain power and money.

The cult survived.

It is still surviving. It is a big corporation run by lawyers. It survives at all costs.....including lives of the R&F.

The GB are paedophiles and murderers by default.

• James Brown
    James Brown

I graduated high school in 71.

I wanted to go to college to further my education.

My mother had the brothers come talk to me. They told me I would never get through school

the end would come and I'd be wasting my time doing the wrong thing.

So I didnt go to school. My father who was not a witness threw me out of the house as soon as

I graduated high school. I couldnt go to college so I got married and had a kid and I spent the

next 40 years working at menial jobs. Always tired. Always overworked.

Just about everyday I blame my life on the watchtower and 1975.

I get upset when I realize many people had lifes and choices. I feel I never had a choice

to have any kind of life.

Ultimately I realize I did have a choice but I was to confused by the watchtower being born in

and raised to see my choices.

• flipper
    flipper

FINKELSTEIN- Indeed fear and hysteria is a ready tool that the WT Society uses to control JW's with the 1975 thing and other avenues. Sick.

SIMON- Yeah, I hear you. I was a young teenager and JW's I knew were going nuts going out in service getting over a hundred hours a month with people pioneering, etc . to warn people of 1975. It was a total mass hysteria caused by WT leaders. Crazy.

WORF- Yeah, I can only hope my daughters wake up to reality before it's too late.

MUM- I'm glad to hear your niece escaped the JW cult ! Good for her. But indeed people her age who weren't around do NOT realize how fanatic WT leaders were whipping JW's into an emotional frenzy back then. I lived it, I know.

BACKSEATDEVIL- Yep, indeed. The WT Spciety duped it's own members and scammed them to the ultimate. WT leaders knew what they were doing.

RAWE- That's good that you insisted the study conductor explain the 1975 debacle to you. Many elders at the WT Society's directive were told to bypass it- that it was just mistaken expectations on rank & file JW's part. It's so important that we keep informing exiting JW's of today about this otherwise WT pundits will bury it.

WASBLIND- It's all WT Society lies indeed. One of the most deceptive organizations on the planet- among many other corporations also. Peace out, mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

WORF- It certainly IS really good to have you back posting my friend. I have always enjoyed your ideas and thoughts.

PUNKOFNICE- I agree with you the GB ARE pedophiles and murderers. It's a criminal organization that deceived millions of people- and continues to do so to benefit financially. It's disgusting.

JAMES BROWN- I'm sorry you didn't get to go to college my friend. Me either. I've been self employed for years trying to make ends meet in this world thanks to WT authority figures ( including my dad ) preventing me from going to college. But we will get the last laugh because we now have our freedom of mind and we are no longer controlled by the WT Society. I intend to stay that way. Hang in there friend

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

(Notice when this was written)

Wt 6/15 1962 p.380-383
    "Likewise it is possible to spend valuable time speculating on matters concerning the future. One might ask, In what year will Armageddon begin?...Jehovah has not provided answers at this time. Do you think it wise for Christians to take time from more profitable Bible study to speculate on the answers? Consider the dangers...involves more than saving time. It may save your life...Personal theories can cause division of thought..By setting up hypothetical situations and then speculating..are we not in fact adding to Jehovahs words?..We cannot worship Jehovah in spirit and in truth if our worship is based on speculation. Truth and theory are not synonymous. "

• flipper
    flipper

I didn't realize that this thread had been bumped up a month ago ! Will reply.

DEFENDER of TRUTH- Wow ! If that's not the most hypocritical statement I've seen yet by the WT Society- I don't know WHAT is !

On the one hand they kept pushing the 1975 date as the "end " or time for Armageddon - yet in this quote from 1962 they hypocritically state, " One might ask, in what year will Armageddon begin ? " Then they add, " Personal theories can cause division of thought....... By setting up hypothetical situations and then speculating ... are we not in fact ADDING TO JEHOVAH'S WORDS ? .. We cannot worship Jehovah in spirit and truth if OUR WORSHIP IS BASED ON SPECULATION. "

If THAT isn't the pot calling the kettle black I don't know what is ! They tell rank & file JW's NOT to speculate- but isn't that EXACTLY what the WT Society has done for 135 years now ? Speculate ? Message to WT leaders : STOP speculating on dates of the end times- it PROVES according to your own words that you do NOT worship in spirit and truth. Incredible. Thanks for sharing that quote from 1962 Defender of Truth. Amazing

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Bumped because of the importance of the topic.

• flipper
    flipper

TENACIOUS- Good point. The WT Society's EXTREME responsibility about deceiving it's JW members regarding a fake " time of the end " - becomes much more irresponsible as the years pass by with nothing ever happening. 8 million people are being duped and deceived into believing something that will NEVER happen while giving their lives to a criminal , fraudulent organization like the WT Society. It's disgusting, especially for older people in their 80's or 90's who have wasted their whole lives living for a fantasy or pipedream

• Tenacious
    Tenacious
    "TENACIOUS- Good point. The WT Society's EXTREME responsibility about deceiving it's JW members regarding a fake " time of the end " - becomes much more irresponsible as the years pass by with nothing ever happening. 8 million people are being duped and deceived into believing something that will NEVER happen while giving their lives to a criminal , fraudulent organization like the WT Society. It's disgusting, especially for older people in their 80's or 90's who have wasted their whole lives living for a fantasy or pipedream . Peace out, Mr. Flipper"

Yes indeed Mr. Flipper. I'm still trying to get my wife and daughter to realize the far reaching impact the WT has on so many unsuspecting and many sincere Christians.

I just wish she would wake up tomorrow morning and realize what she's really a part of. I need patience and determination.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit