WT Society holds EXTREME Responsibility for 1975 and False Expectations

by flipper 140 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

TENACIOUS- I wish you the best for your wife waking up. Indeed it does take patience and determination- very true. Hang in there and keep up hope

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Too bad the WTS leaders didn't take notice of Jesus's own condemnation of man setting a time on god's sacred time,

making any specific set time or date/ year unscriptural. ......1874 , 1914, 1925 ,1975 etc.

Oh well I guess they were too busy trying to sell and proliferate their publications to read and be respectful to what Jesus Christ had to say.

Most JWs living today don't even realize that the Watchtower Corporation had previously used the 6000 dating scheme back (early 1900's) when he was the head

editorial writer for the WTS.

• flipper
    flipper

FINKELSTEIN- Yes, indeed JW leaders pay more attention to what their own GB members predict and say than what Jesus ever said in the Bible. I mean it's crazy , how did they get out of Jesus statement " this generation shall not pass away " and change it to " these overlapping generations will not pass away"? It's like WT Society has created it's own version of the Bible. Oh, that's right- I forgot- they DO have their own version of the Bible. They are legends in their own minds

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

If one closely listens or reads what some of the things the WTS leaders say or write you can see a level of self

delusion that they are god's mouth piece as it were, a living force of god within themselves.

So part delusional and part knowing they have to publish something attractive and alluring

to the public in their articles and literature, which supports and feeds this purposed

mental aspiration.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Finkelstein - "If one closely listens or reads what some of the things the WTS leaders say or write you can see a level of self delusion that they are god's mouth piece as it were, a living force of god within themselves."

Like I keep saying, all available anecdotal evidence suggests they really are full-on True Believers.

• hoser
    hoser

My mom lived through the whole thing and denies that the society ever mentioned anything about 1975

• flipper
    flipper

Didn't realize this thread had been bumped up ! Thanks for your replies.

FINKELSTEIN- Yeah, I agree I feel that the GB and WT leaders ARE part delusional and also very conceited in being legends in their own minds by controlling and conning the gullible 8 million JW's. I DO feel VERY strongly that WT leaders know EXACTLY what they are doing in hiding child abuse within their ranks so as not to have to answer questions to the courts or trying to avoid revealing ANY of their documentation regarding child abuse or pedophiles within their ranks. If WT leaders didn't have anything to hide- then WHY did they stand in cntempt of court and NOT give the courts records about child abuse and refused to have a GB member testify concerning that information ? There is something bigger at play here. It's a criminal organization run by criminals protecting criminals.

VIDIOT- Some of the GB may be full on believers, but they are still deceitful, unlawful criminals trying to hide criminal conduct from the courts of the law of the land. So their alleged " belief " in God doesn't translate into ethical or upstanding moral behavior, does it ?

HOSER- Sounds like your mom has convenient WT Society or JW AMNESIA. I lived at the same time as a JW teenager and the WT Society DID emphasize 1975 in almost every talk and assembly part you could think of. Most older JW's are in denial about WT Society failed prophecies. It's too hard for them to face. My older 80's JW parents are the same way. They cannot face the truth about wasting 60 something years of their lives on a pipedream

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

On the "and false expectations" part of your Thread Title Flip, they are promoting a pipe dream, but its effect is strong, very strong.

8 Million people have their lives on hold because of it. Thousands die each year, sometimes because of it, but always sad that they have not seen their dream come true.

Such messing with people's minds and lives is Pure Evil.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

One has to realize that the GB members past and present assume themselves above and beyond the lower class of the rest of the body of members

within the organization.

So from that highly perceived plateau they are not under close scrutiny to their behavior and thats why the WTS leaders have rarely apologized for their

behavior concerned making up doctrines which were really deviously concocted lies purposely devised to promote the distribution

of their published goods.

Apologizing as it were would essentially fracture the expressive illusion that god is in fact exclusively guiding them through his holy spirit.

So therefore they have to treat that expressive illusion with kid gloves or they risk dissolving everything that is formulated and structured about this organization.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Speculation is ONLY unwise for the rank and file....NOT for the GB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit