WT Society holds EXTREME Responsibility for 1975 and False Expectations

by flipper 140 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

HEARTOFABOY- Very great point that you make that no matter HOW MUCH the WT Society wishes the 1975 thing would just go away or how hard they try to sweep it under the rug- you are right- WE know what we experienced and what really happened back then. They cannot fool ALL of the people as much as they try.

QUENDI- Very nice thoughts by you Quendi, very well written, thanks for sharing. I agree with everything you wrote , it " is never too late to be what you might have been . " Very encouraging point to remember. I just started playing guitar almost a year and a half ago and I'm writing songs now, doing open mike nights - something I never would have done in my 44 years in the JW cult. As you said the WT Society stole alot from us- but it's never too late to grab back what they stole from us- our freedom ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Quendi
    Quendi

They say that living well is the best revenge, and with respect to the WTS that is something I fully intend to do. Like flipper, I am now widening my horizons and doing the kinds of things I want to do. In some cases, that will involve getting back to my landscape/nature photography and resuming my study of the classical guitar. I want to take up swimming this year and will also delve into calligraphy. Plus I will once more travel widely in Colorado and the American West, seeking adventure in new places with new faces.

For too long I chased the mirages, the rainbows the WTS put before me. No more. Seeing that I now have more years behind me than I have ahead of me, I am going to use them to the full. That doesn’t mean a headlong plunge into dissipation and hedonism, but it will mean becoming what I might have been and was meant to be. For the first time in years I am excited about the future and that is as it should be.

Quendi

• Joepublisher1
    Joepublisher1

Isn't it a shame how many JWs have put so much of their lives on hold, because of the "paradise/everlasting life" carrot that the WTS has held in front of them for decades! As a matter of fact, they made you feel GUILTY if you pursued anything outside of Kingdom preaching, congregation attendance, etc. And, as this "1975" thread shows, they stopped at nothing to hype their end-time predictions! This organization steals your soul, your time, your resources, your aspirations, your family, etc. and all for what? A fairy-tale and a free meal ticket for the Governing Body!

• flipper
    flipper

QUENDI- I'm really happy to see that you are pursuing great interests and hobbies you've wanted to take up. Sounds like you have some really cool interests ! Classical guitar, traveling through the west, swimming, photography - I'm glad for you ! Keep it up my friend. You are right- the WT Society stole too many years of our lives, it's up to us to use the rest of our life in positive ways now.

JOEPUBLISHER- It is a shame AND a crime that the WT Society wastes so many JW's lives on a pipedream that's an unreality. That's why it's doubly fulfilling to pursue our interests and hobbies after we exit the Witnesses. And I've found that by pursuing positive interests it helps soften the negative blows I've been dealt by this insane organization run by the WT Society. It doesn't totally erase the hurt I still have from being shunned for instance by some of my JW family- but it keeps me involved with living in the here and now staying proactively busy so I don't dwell on the negative and stew in my own mire or cry too much in my own beer. Kind of works for me

• flipper
    flipper

Since this thread has received lot of views ( almost 5,000 ) figured I'd bump it up as it seems to have drawn attention to he fact that the WT Society really duped a lot of us with their lies and false promises of an alleged " coming paradise " in 1975 or for that matter - ANY time soon. Any comments regarding the sleaziness of the WT Society's deception in order to enlighten others is certainly welcome. Or any experiences you remember about 1975 and how twisted many people got about it. Take care

• flipper
    flipper

BTTT, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

BTTT for newer members or those newly exiting JW's who didn't know much about the 1975 WT Society false prediction debacle. Any comments welcome ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

Wanted to bump this thread up for any newer board members who might have missed it awhile back. Doing a big job today so wanted to bump it up while I had a chance. Take care. Any comments welcome ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• worf
    worf

To my friend Mr. Flipper, Thank you for bringing this thread back. I'm only able to check the site very rarely and I'm glad I checked today because as you and all the other posters on this thread have correctly pointed out: the WT is responsible for the lives they destroyed with their purposefully deceptive 1975 prediction. I remember that time very well as I was 14 at the time. I remember and still have all the books and magazines and km's that promoted the 1975 lie: the so-called "truth book" "mans salvation out of world distress at hand" book, the "life everlasting book", the "god's kingdom of a thousand years has approached" book, the WT of 3/15/1969 page 171, which said, "Do not pursue higher education. There is very little time left! Make pioneer service, the full-time ministry with the possibility of Bethel or missionary service, your goal." Another book that falsely promoted the lie of 1975 was the "paradise restored to mankind by theocracy" book. As has been mentioned there are so many references that promoted and predicted the 1975 lie. I was a 3rd generation witness and I remember hearing my parents talk sometimes about people who left the borg when the 1975 lie was proved wrong. My father was an elder and although he and my mother were always faithful witnesses, they never actually sounded negative when they talked about some family friends who left. They had more of a curious tone when speaking about the situation. But of course the indoctrination that all of us experienced is what won out. As for me, I was too busy going through my teenage stuff (girls, clothes, cruising at conventions with my jw friends, discovering parties, etc.), to have really cared that much at the time. But I know and remember that the 1975 lie caused massive dissension and my family knew people who were disappointed and left and were subsequently called "apostates" when they rebelled against the 1975 lie, when that year passed and there was no "Armageddon". And I hope that newer witnesses are reading this thread. They just have no clue about what went on in the past. They are just not integrated with the watchtower society's past publications that prove beyond any doubt that the corrupt watchtower society manipulates the bicameral tendencies in people in order to enslave people mentally, get their money and resources, so that they, the wt, can perpetuate their easy parasitical lifestyle. Out here in New York City, the borg has the rank and file sitting and standing with big picture displays and large tables filled with literature in every major subway station in the city: Grand Central Station, 34th Street Pennsylvania Station, 59th Street Columbus Circle. 14th Street Union Square, Roosevelt Ave 74th Street in Jamaica Queens. These displays are provided by the watchtower society and they are out there almost every day, and in several locations within the same subway subway station. This started about 1 1/2 years ago and I have been told by the jdubs that this is a new initiative started by the borg. Of course, hardly anybody pays attention to them. They end up just standing there for hours looking sheepish. And when I see them, I just sigh and say to myself:" if only they could integrate their minds with the reality of the wt, such as with the 1975 lie, they might actually start to think for themselves. OR MAYBE NOT! I really do hope that current witnesses, new or old are reading this thread. IF YOU ARE A CURRENT JEHOVAHS WITNESS AND YOU ARE READING THIS,PAY ATTENTION TO ALL THE COMMENTS HERE! DO SOME RESEARCH IN THE OLDER PUBLICATIONS MENTIONED BY EVERYONE ON THIS THREAD! WAKE UP AND THINK! OR AS THE WACKY PACKAGES FROM THE 1970'S SAID: THIMK!!!!!!! Thank you Mr. Flipper for starting this thread about one of the watchtower society's most corrupt deceptions

• flipper
    flipper

WORF- Nice to hear from you again my friend. I hope you are doing well. Indeed, newer JW's or newly exiting JW's would do well to read all the comments on this thread and experiences of how MUCH the WT Society deceived all of us prior to 1975 and continue doing so to current Witnesses.

The WT Society truly is like " Big Brother " in George Orwell's book 1984 in that they try to hide or detroy or minimize ANY old teachings they held and they do NOT inform newer Witnesses about those errant former teachings. WT leaders act like the old 1975 teaching never even existed. And thus that's what makes them such a dangerous and deceptive organization in how they dupe and deceive newer Witnesses. Some of these people, perhaps MOST newer Witnesses never even knew about the 1975 fiasco.

Good post by you, thanks for sharing ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit