WT Society holds EXTREME Responsibility for 1975 and False Expectations

by flipper 140 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

TOTALLY ADD- Very true what you say. Many newer JW converts know NOTHING about the 1975 debacle and the WT Society insists on keeping people intentionally in the dark about it so as not to expose their own errors. It's deplorable that they ' ve wasted so many lives on their empty , vacant , shallow false promises. I'm glad you and your wife escaped my friend ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

I was JUST writing about this. in 1966 the book Life Everlasting – In Freedom of the Sons of God which pointed to 1975. So then (and this is just how things go) over the next 9 years there is a slow and steady growth to the "implied" end of the world. And in 9 years, people can get pretty f'n panicky. Now, this is the 60's to 70's and there were a LOT of cults floating around, so it was easy to snag people into this snowball effect of impending doom.

The point is, the closer it got to 1975, the seasoned witnesses were ready to go and the new one entered the religion with rushed desperation. witness were out knocking on doors like crazy... everywhere. 'save as many people as you can'. everyone was in a frenzy and some people took it to extremes. that's to be expected, of course, but the society allowed people to take it to extremes, and that's what is really sad about the situation.

-James

backseatdevil.com

• worf
    worf

Vanderhoven7,

I thank you also for the evidence you posted from the wt society's own literature that proves their intent was to manipulate people's minds for their own selfish and evil purposes. Especially the awake of 5/22/69 where you quoted how they wrote that "this corrupt system is due to end in a few years". That is definitely a prediction because a "few" means a small or limited number, or as my elementary school teachers taught: A few can also mean just 3 or 4.

So once again, there is no doubt, and abundant evidence that they predicted 1975 as the end.

Worf

• flipper
    flipper

BACKSEATDEVIL- You described what was happening in the 9 years or so before 1975 to an exact precise on the money ! JW's were in a frenzy at that time, as you state in a " desperate " mode to allegedly " save lives " by going door-to-door witnessing at a frenzied pace really almost out of their minds truly thinking it meant peoples lives if we didn't amp up our ministry back then. I was smack dab in the middle of that frenzy myself as a young teenager about 14 to 15 years old. I remember walking right up into church paking lots as church members were walking out of their church services handing the tract to them as a 14 year old titled " Has Religion Betrayed God and Man " ? and feeling very proud of myself as a JW cult member having the courage to do this at my young age. The church members probably looked at me like I was freaking crazy . This young punk telling them they had " betrayed God ". LOL !

It is truly sad that the WT Society allowed this madness to o to extremes and the WT leaders whipped up JW's into this frenzied emotional pre-1975 outburst. So WT leaders are mainly to blame for the frenzy.

WORF- I agree- WT leaders were primarily responsible for the frenzy that got whipped up by all the articles that Vanderhooven posted. It's disgusting actually that the WT leaders manipulated millions of life directions people took back then- and they are STILL manipulating JW's life directions they take almost 40 years later today ! It really is unethical and it stinks

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

FLIPPER - The reason why the WT Society allowed it is because Bethel, Inc. as a company is completely different than the local neighborhood congregation and Witnesses... therefore, they are completely disconnected with the common people of the Organization. I worked at the Farm for a year and a half and it was truely shocking how different everything is. Bethel, Inc. is not preparing for the end of the world... ever. They are raking in billions of dollars and even more now that they are selling/sold brooklyn. It is a business, and there is NO connection with the common JW AT ALL.

So at the head they may point to some fear-based "new light" and let it go... and the natural course of clique sociology will take care of the rest... including having a panicky 14 year old passing out tracts in a fervor.

-James

backseatdevil.com

• flipper
    flipper

BACKSEATDEVIL- Very true what you say. I agree with every single word you say. I realize the WT Society is really a corporate business & cult masquerading as a " Christian religion " - and the motives of WT leaders are much more destructive and sinister than rank & file JW's know or are aware of. WT leaders & corporate WT attorneys and business leaders couldn't give a damn about the welfare or plight of Witnesses. Very true. I'm sure you saw a hell of a lot at the WT farm and then some. Perhaps you might start a thread and share some of this grimy stuff on a new thread so newly exiting JW's can be informed and benefit from the info ? Take care

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

1975 is just one of the many fraudulent commercial schemes the WTS. publishing house used to attract

attention to its literature and toward the proliferation of its literature throughout the general public.

Unfortunately some people cant see pass this corruption or pass their proclamation that god has chosen us.

It really was and is theological BS with a dollar bill attached to it.

• flipper
    flipper

FINKELSTEIN- I agree with you. The 1975 scam brought on by the WT Society's desire for more members and more $$$$$ was just that- a marketing scheme to suck in and deceive more JW's for their own financial ambitions. And most JW's can't even see through it- they are blinded by the mind control and think they are serving a " God ". But " God " is really the WT Society leaders to them. They just don't know it. Peace out, MR. Flipper

• wasblind
    wasblind

The point is, the closer it got to 1975, the seasoned witnesses were ready to go and the new one entered the religion with rushed desperation. witness were out knocking on doors like crazy... everywhere. 'save as many people as you can'. everyone was in a frenzy and some people took it to extremes. that's to be expected, of course, but the society allowed people to take it to extremes, and that's what is really sad about the situation.

-James

backseatdevil.com

Don't mean to go off topic but here's another example the WTS frenzy

After that notorious May 15,1984 WT, about the " Generation that will not pass away "

This was stated in the Reasoning from the Scriptures book (c) 1985, 1989

" The " generation " that was alive in 1914 is now well along in years. The time remaining must be very short. World conditions give every indication that this is the case_____Reasoning From the scriptures book page 239

The last time I showed a witness the bunk in their own book,

they hissed and withered like a vampire at the site of the cross

LOL, Don't the WTS print only the " Troof " ?

why is it now stuff of apostates

• flipper
    flipper

WASBLIND- It's amazing that JW hissed at you like a vampire when you showed them information from their own literature ! LOL ! When I showed my youngest JW daughter information in their new WT magazine a few years ago regarding the " overlapping generation " and read it word for word she told me, " Dad ! You have apostate leanings ! " I told her it's in their own WT literature ! They just don't get it. Too blinded

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit