Anyone here been Dfd for 'apostacy'?

by Julia Orwell 75 Replies latest jw experiences

• JeffT
    JeffT

We got our DA letter in the mail before they could kick us out. I am 100% positive they would have charged us with apostacy. We probably would have told them that we didn't consider leaving the WTBS apostacy, since they were the ones teaching something other than the truth. And we had a reams of notes about where they had it wrong -- the Malawai/Mexico hypocracy, 1914/1919/1925/1940's/1975, flip-flops on Sodom and Gomorah, the pyramid; it would have been endless.

They would have called it apostacy, we would (and still do) call it leaving false religion.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I was, as were many that I have met through the meet up groups. I think it is far more common than those in the congregation realise. The elders want people to think those disfellowshipped did out of weakness, to pursue fleshly desires. They do not want other witnesses to be aware of just how many question the doctrine.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I was.

• besty
    besty

yep me and wife sweet pea were df'd for apostasy - I listed out a few things that we disagreed with, one of them being that our children had a lower level of protection from paedofiles than elders children

the 4 elders on our JC didn't attempt to address any of the points but rather were satisfied they had the evidence they needed to DF us.

If you want to avoid being DF'd then keep your mouth shut - just say "I will get in touch when I need your help - right now I am fine thanks" - be prepared to repeat this until they go away.

Of course fading means not hanging up the Xmas lights too soon...

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

WOW I had no idea it was so common. I reckon if I get called in by the elders I'm gonna do that thing that women can do to get out of just about anything - turn on the water works!

I'm amazed that you can't even ask questions. I young guy on Youtube posted his JC hearings for 'apostasy' and all he'd done was post some dissenting viewpoints online. Then they dragged in all these issues with his mother, and some thing he got spoken to years ago, and beat him with some scriptures and dfd him. Mad.

• cedars
    cedars

RayPublisher (of jwstruggle.com) and punkofnice have also been disfellowshipped for apostasy.

I will be too someday, but not yet!

Cedars

• cantleave
    cantleave

<--------

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Also, if you do not want to be DF'd for Apostasy then don't plaster photos of yourself celebrating Christmas on Facebook. I know someone who did that,

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ above.

• punkofnice
  • RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

I was! Watch now while supplies last!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDdcFQZNwJ4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit