Anyone here been Dfd for 'apostacy'?

by Julia Orwell 75 Replies latest jw experiences

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Just wanna know. I'm doing the fade but I reckon my big mouth could get me dfd. I know plenty who've been dfd for fornication/adultery, but never met one dfd for speaking the truth. Can they df you for disagreeing with the Botch-tower?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

They tried. I refused to attend the kangaroo court and submitted a letter of disassociation. I am relatively sure they would have DFd me, whether I attended the JC or not. That was about 7 years back.

My mouth is the issue too. No way I could keep quiet about all the real shit that I discovered. So DA was the only way to go in my case.

Jeff

• Satanus
    Satanus

Absolutely. My offence was apostacy, arguing wt doctrine. 'Course, they wouldn't say for what i was dffed. But, that was the only 'bad' thing i did.

S

• trujw
    trujw

Yes I da my self but was going to be df anyway for learning ttatt.

• trujw
    trujw

Also the only people I told were the elders and since I wouldn't backdown about the governing body not being inspired or directed or kinda sorta in some invisible way being directed by g-d I was too dangerous to keep around

• finally awake
    finally awake

if they ever get around to DFing me, it'll have to be for apostacy - I haven't done anything else that would earn me so much as a private reproof LOL. However, I'm not making it easy for them to catch up with me - I don't answer the phone, and my phone doesn't receive text messages. I don't think they even have my current email address.

• whathappened
    whathappened

I believe our dear "mouthy" was df'd for apostacy.

• Glander
    Glander

Oh, yeah. I have always regretted that I did not write a DA letter (as AK JEFF did ) I simply told them I didn't not agree with the WT on current rules and interpretations (what they referred to as "The Truth" in 1982.)

So I forced a disfellowshipping.

That was 30 years ago and guess what? 90% of what was the "truth" THEN, is no longer current "LIGHT".

What a dog and pony show of a publishing company trying to be a religion.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

I was DF'd for apostacy. I proved to them according to the Scriptures (Dan. 11, Matt. 24, and Rev. 11) what they believe is plain wrong. They did it according to the book (the Sheperd's-book), reading out of it and not the Bible. But I hear the announcement at the hall went something like this: So-and-so does not wish to be one of JWs anymore or something to that affect, which was a lie. Quite a few of those at the KH, knowing the circumstances first-hand, called them out on their lie.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

ask cantleave...he and nugget have a great story.

I would think those DF for apostasy may be in the minority, but they are by far the best at helping the rest of us wake up

oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit