Anyone here been Dfd for 'apostacy'?

by Julia Orwell 75 Replies latest jw experiences

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

If I knew then what I know now, I would never have written a question to the Branch about a blatantly wrong teaching which was "based" on a corrupt interpretation of a Scripture. The fact of the matter is, that I am probably 'marked' as a potential apostate. ©

So anytime in the future, if it suddenly takes their fancy, the 'men in black' elders could come and demand of me an answer as to whether I 'still feel the same way'.

Since thinking something different from what the Org teaches merits disfellowshipping, they'd have me!

Therefore I'm prepared just to say that "I'm just leaving everything to Jehovah, carrying on with my Christian life as best I can, and don't want to talk to anyone except my God about things of a personal concern - thanks for your concern, though!"

• nugget
    nugget

I think it is possible I may have been but since I did not attend their JC and didn't speak to them or read their mail I do not know for sure. I don't need a bunch of idiots to define what or who I am, after all I am awesome.

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

I think being disfellowshipped for apostacy is actually not that bad... thing is: apostacy in their world is not apostacy in the eyes of Christ.

They did not disfellowship me (yet) but I had some hard discussions at my place with the bro's ... thing is they are a bit softer in the Netherlands then they are in other countries I guess... they know I am in fade mode but I think they give me a break because I also have a wife and kids (because she is still attending meetings etc).

My wife knows I would rather be DF-ed (rather yesterday than today!) but it would make life harder for her and me as well (I am not shunned to badly) and I am backing off more for her sake then mine... but hey... who knows what the future will bring

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

I am like what searcher said above. " . The fact of the matter is, that I am probably 'marked' as a potential apostate. © "

But I am fading and in keeping my mouth shut I don't associate with people and don't comment.

I had a meeting with an elder, DO and CO and I didn't say much. Just that I don't do meetings and service because I work too much and am too tired and they don't make the meetings interesting.

I didn't get into doctrine much as there is a recent Watchtower study article that has wrong doctrine and so many Witnesses have been repeating that over the years, I feel like writing the Society about that, but a letter will come back to the elders as usual about such things.

In that meeting the DO prayed how I was being disobedient to the FDS and that I should be aware and correct that.

My belief is along the lines of Karl Marx's words of religion is the opium of the people and I don't follow the drug dealers anymore.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I refused to meet with the elders after I told them what I thought of the WT teachings (specifically focusing on 607). I'm sure if I had gone they would have moved forward with DF'ing for apostasy immediately after that.

• Fernando
    Fernando

We were headed that way after foolishly confiding in the Pharisees about the gap between what is in the publications, and what is in the hearts and on the lips of Watchtower followers (in relation to the "full Good News").

We managed to DA instead soon after.

• label licker
    label licker

We're not df'd but went from going to every meeting and forty to sixty hours per month field service to asking the elders questions about Michael ect... Then we had one of their boys befriend us saying how he loves questions and so innocent hubby asked away. Next thing the cobe wants us in the woodshed and we said nope and he asked us if we were questioning the FDS which in reply we asked why would you ask that? That was our last meeting and it's been nine months-no visit, no asking for our hours but we heard through the grapevine from 2 witnesses that there was a local needs on apostacy a week after we were gone. Now noone calls and I get dirty looks in the grocery store but that's ok. I'm a better person for it.

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

I just "outed" myself to two elders last week, but i have a strategy in place to stop their proceeding with a JC.

I have just a FEW friends I regularily associate with who I don't want to be cut off from. Family too.

I am going to try out my list of compelling questions that I am sure will stop the JC process in it's tracks.

Put elders on the complete defensive and get them reeling in wonder whether they really have the right to meet with me.

If it goes as planned I'm planning on producing a "manual" for others to use to defend against the JC process.

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

According to some internal rules they do not need to have you there at all with a juidical meeting... if you refuse to come they will have one anyway... so avoiding it does not change the outcome... going doesn't either.... best to avoid one by closing your mouth.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

They have, they do and they will. I was DFd for apostasy last year. I spent almost 3 years researching the organization.....its history.....607BC.....1919 etc. I did so because my wife asked me to (I had doubts and she was sure that after researching.....I would come to the conclusion that this WAS God's one and only organization after all). When I tried to show her what I had discovered she flipped a switch and I became the enemy. She and her father turned me in to the elders. Not one of them (wife, FIL, elders) ever attempted to answer the litany of questions I had.

Obey or be cut off

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit