Anyone here been Dfd for 'apostacy'?

by Julia Orwell 75 Replies latest jw experiences

• goatshapeddemon
    goatshapeddemon

My in-laws have become increasingly vocal about things ... "indiscreet" you might say. They're trying to help the people in their congregation see the light, but they've been asking for trouble. Anyway, my father-in-law in particular has been extremely vocal about the overlapping generation issue thinking everyone disagreed with that one so it was safe to criticize... Last Saturday several elders asked to meet with him... I think it's the beginning of the end for them.

We've shut our mouths and faded without incident, but i don't think they're going to be so fortunate. We think a DF is in the offing. Once an elder body smells apostasy, they won't settle til there's blood. The elder body where we live is STILL hounding my parents because their fade wasn't as smart as ours. *sigh*

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

They're not openly hounding me thank goodness- the fact that I got 'stumbled' by the new elder has helped me as the resident elders all like me and didn't let him come back to attack me again. Every now and then someone comes to 'encourage' me and tell me they miss my comments at the WT study. But since I flat out won't talk anything 'apostate' to them - I'm an artful dodger- they have nothing.

• 5go
    5go

I find it funny that you can prove that you are right from their own publications and or the bible and still get dfed for being an apostacy.

I have known of a buch of Bro and sissses that were reproved and DF even though they made their case that they were right. They just DFed them anyways. What made way more ironic was they dfed them for not yielding to the hierarchy that wasn't suppossed to exist because that was what apostate christianity was rejected for.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

"Artful Dodger" that takes me back... I love it.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

" What made way more ironic was they dfed them for not yielding to the hierarchy that wasn't suppossed to exist because that was what apostate christianity was rejected for."

Argh brain melting!!!

• jhine
    jhine

Mouthy , I think that you are brill , one granny to another . Keep on mouthing !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit