I'm posting here an informative email from STEVEN UNTHANK

by AndersonsInfo 67 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• moshe
    moshe

When you need moral justice, it helps to have powerful allies in your camp who will come to your rescue-

• mP
    mP

The only thing the WTS fights for is money, they dont even prosecute pedophiles. True colours coming thru, the new light(tm) is being seen by all(tm).

• mP
    mP

For those that dont know Parliamentary Privelege is a special protection in parliament that enables a speaker to say anything without fear of being sued, prosecuted and so on. Its the only "true" free speach in any country. This protection only exists inside parliament outside the regular rules apply.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I certainly am no legal eagle in matters of law , however for the benefit of those outside Australia it may help to clarify some points. A parliamentary Inquiry is not to be confused with a criminal or even a civil court case , it is just what it says, an inquiry, where submissions are heard by interested parties before a commission.It then depends on the outcome of the inquiry whether prosecutions are warranted.This is my understanding ,and I stand to be corrected if I am wrong.

I have personally met steven unthank and had a long discussion with him at the Morwell magistrates court where he brought charges against the WTB&TS, prior to the last hearing when the D.O.P. decided not to proceed with the case ,one reason given,"it is not in the childrens interest " (WTF ?) last year. Sure,I only met the man once ,and I found him to be sincere , principled ,yet a man of integrity and determination. The court case was a reality ,I was their.

Steven Unthank is not a phantom , he is easy to find on his website , blog ,twitter, and he has his e-mail address for any who choose to contact him.

And as for those of you who have called into question barbara Andersons judgement on the matter , just reveiw all her hard work and effort she has brought to this board.

Kudos to both Steven & Barbara

smiddy

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

thank you for posting that barbara!

I can't wait to see how it plays out. I would be glad to see the

borg's bricks get chipped away out!! Their crumpling has begun!!

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

I hope Steve and all of the victims of the WTBS will see justice in the near future. I admire all of those men and women who dedicate so much time and energy to bring about justice and would like to thank them for their hard work. It does make a difference and someday I hope it brings them to their knees.

• oldtimern
    oldtimern

I cane confirm that the society send high ranking peopel to the cong to have talks and try to force them to be quiet.

I our cong they hade o speac about david anf how bad things he done, and he was foregiven, and if he was forgiven we must forgive, even very bad things done by our brothers, " insted of saying , sexula abuse of children ".

We was even told that if we not was sadisfide widh the judge from the society, we must go on and be quiet, not talking to anyone abuot this,if we do that they will putt upp a commite to charge us fore slandering and drawing jehovas namé in the dirt.

Before the meeting start, they told us that this meeting it was forbidden to record it, i did this anyway, but it was so bad saound , so i couldent juse it .

forgive the bad english i come from unother country

• rebel8
    rebel8

Welcome, oldtimern.

It is hard to doubt the wts is capable of sending an attorney to say the things mentioned in the op.

<---I was a dub in the land of jw fundamentalists. The bros used to say things about not bringing each other to court. Even if you are later vindicated, you would have still been wrong to litigate or involve authorities, because it brings reproach upon jehoho.

So pretty much, the org is right, and even when it's not, it is.

Reminds me a lot of how the molestation cover ups lasted so long in many churches. No one's allowed to criticize the church.

Coercive Mind Control Tactics

TACTIC 3

Prohibit disconfirming information and non supporting opinions in group communication. Rules exist about permissible topics to discuss with outsiders. Communication is highly controlled. An "in-group" language is usually constructed.

• smiddy
    smiddy

rebel8 "The bros used to say things about not bringing each other to court. Even if you are later vindicated, you would have still been wrong to litigate or involve authorities, because it brings reproach upon jehoho. "

Very true : However I personally know of a brother,an elder, who misused the societys funds , many thousands of dollars ,knowing him I give him the benefit of the doubt ,he intended to pay it back before it came to light.He was in charge of finances in the congregation and he was also involved in real estate as a job , and he saw an opportunity to make money using the societys funds ,and it came unstuck.What did the organization do ? They had legal proceedings hanging over his head until he made restitution , so much for not taking your brothers to court, oh, and he was made to step down as an elder.

Their were a few other instances where elders took other bros.to court over disputes that I remember .The congregation I was a MS in had a few self employed builders ,bricklayers ,plasterers ,painters etc. that were in each others pockets and it caused problems every now and then .

smiddy

• smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome oldtimern

Never mind about your english , you will be just fine .We look forward to hearing more about you and your experiences.I think you will find this site very helpfull and informative .

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit