I'm posting here an informative email from STEVEN UNTHANK

by AndersonsInfo 67 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

YESTERDAY, A JWN POSTER E-MAILED ME ASKING IF I WOULD POST ON THIS DISCUSSION BOARD HIS RECENT EMAIL TO STEVEN UNTHANK AND ALSO POST STEVEN’S REPLY.

THE REASON FOR THE REQUEST IS BECAUSE THE POSTER HAS NEED TO REMAIN COMPLETELY ANONYMOUS. I AGREED TO SHARE THE EMAIL BECAUSE I KNEW YOU WOULD FIND STEVEN’S REPLY INFORMATIVE AND INTERESTING.

Dear Steven,

I take my hat off to you for your tenacity in going after the WT for their failure to obtain the Working With Children Card, yet more importantly for exposing their failure to protect children from sexual abuse in the organization.

If there is anything you would like to pass on to ex-Jehovah’s Witnesses as I`m sure you’re aware of their great interest and support for you in your quest?

I hope your health is standing up to all this as it must be taxing. I`m sorry to hear of the families, especially of the children in the Traralgon Congregation who have had to endure the ostracizing this religion dishes out to victims of such abuse. Please pass on my sympathies and also sympathy from the rest of JWN who are following this case.

HERE IS STEVEN UNTHANK’S REPLY:

Dear …,

Yeah, I'm not giving up. Not for what they did to me, not for what they did to my family, and not for what they did to the children.

Before all this started going public, including the bringing of criminal charges against the religion of the working with children laws, and before even going to court or even the Parliamentary Inquiry this week, we invited the religion of Jehovah's Witnesses and the Watch Tower Society to settle our dispute with them over the actions of a group of elders, not only for the sake of peace, but because it was the right thing to do and the Christian thing to do.

We invited them to apologize and to make financial compensation of 99 cents. To help them out, and so that there was no burden on them, we each placed $20.00 in the contribution box at the Kingdom Hall to cover any phone calls, letters, postage, even the 99 cents itself.

The paying of compensation, even a paltry 99 cents, is a provision allowed within the congregation, i.e. "the making of amends." Our reason for choosing a financial compensation amount was that if financial compensation was made, no matter how small, then no legal action could ever be commenced by us in a civil court in pursuit of damages. In other words, "Say Sorry", hand over 99 cents and everyone has the assurance that this is the end of the matter. No further discussion, no talking within the congregation, just peace.

Further we invited representatives from both the Jehovah's Witnesses and the Watch Tower Society to a mediation meeting at the Melbourne Assembly Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses. They refused.

Instead, a few weeks later they sent their lawyer to visit our congregation to give a talk from the platform. Our body of elders informed us that the talk was directed specifically at our family. The Watchtower lawyer stood up, identified himself as the Society's lawyer, and directed his comments right at our family sitting there. He carefully stated that if anyone went up against the Watch Tower Society...

"with a view to seeking justice, even if you have actually been wronged, then you can expect to be wiped out and left penniless."

Our family had been wrong, we were seeking justice, the Watchtower Society knew this, and hence the public threat of harm and detriment.

We later informed our congregation that we had a Divine Right to justice and that we will continue to seek that Divine justice.

The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Australia, both directly and through the resources of the religion of Jehovah's Witnesses, then launched an unprecedented wave of non-stop vicious persecution and attacks on both myself and my family. They have not stopped.

Our body of elders, at the time, informed us to personally write to the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses seeking immediate protection. We did and included all our evidence. A short time later, Geoffrey Jackson flew in and met with those persecuting and attacking our family. The Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses then sided with those attacking us and refused to hear our cries and pleas for help, protection, and justice.

Until the Watchtower Society backs off, withdraws the public threat of harm and detriment, and then leaves me and my family alone, I will not stop defending us. It's not about going after the Watchtower Society, or the Church of Jehovah's Witnesses, or even the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses, it is about our self-defense and our right to defend ourselves.

As Witness for the Crown I cannot comment on my giving evidence before the Parliamentary Inquiry on Monday, February 18, 2013.

Prior to appearing, I had prepared extensive evidence in relation to my personal financial losses to date as a result of the attacks from the Watchtower Society etc. This included the loss of my home, personal effects, my business, and so on. My direct losses and expenses were over $500,000. That's just for me. It is impossible to calculate the indirect financial loss. I guess, in a way they did indeed cause me to be left "penniless" but I'm not wiped out.

Then there is losing your family, your religion, your friends, and your health.

The newspaper reported that other people attended the hearing to give evidence against the Jehovah's Witnesses and the Watchtower Society. I cannot comment on them, as everyone gave evidence at different times, and not as a group.

Ironically, Divine Justice now requires that those who threatened both myself and my family be "wiped out and left penniless."

Cheers,

Steven Unthank

(P.S. you're welcome to share this email on JWN)

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Thanks for sharing.

Strength to you Steven and best wishes through this struggle.

Even after learning the TTATT, I held out for a while that those in control of the Organization were good people who themselves were mislead. The way they are treating you, and learning how they have treated others, shows the wickedness behind it all. There is absolutely no way they follow the example of Jesus.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

TO play Devils advocate, has this letter from Mr. Unthank been confirmed?

NJY

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

was that an e-mail from cedars to steven unthank? sounds like the kind of language cedars uses edit: sorry couldn't resist

even if it was from cedars I'd like to raise my glass to steven unthank for his tenacity

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Thank you Joe and Barbara,

Wow. The Watch Tower's letter makes me want to throw up.

I devoted 60 years of my life to that unchristian free labor based Business, masquerading and getting all the tax breaks as a charitable religion. Disgusting!

All my best to the Unthank family.

Just Lois

• Refriedtruth
  • AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

notjustyet: Yes, this email from Steven has been confirmed by me. Now, you'll just have to believe that I'm telling you the truth. If you don't believe me, I suggest you email Steven through his website, www.jwnews.org.

BTW, as far as I'm concerned, nobody in this world expresses himself in written form like Steven Unthank. Even if I didn't personally know Steven, I could identify his letters or emails in less than thirty seconds. I have posted on JWN Steven's submissions to the Victorian government from the very beginning of his cause. His first submission was over 660 pages long, which I read, and then posted a few pages from it on JWN maybe two years ago. At that time, Steven had a number of critics who were quite outspoken on JWN calling him a fraud. He has weathered name calling from inside and outside of the JW community with strength of character. He's as tenacious as a pit bull dog when it comes to protecting his family, and, for sure, the leaders of the Australian branch of the WT picked the wrong person to persecute for Steven has the sharp mind of a solicitor and the character and caring kindness of Gandhi.

Soft + Gentle: No, this email was not sent to me from Cedars. Take my word for it, he had nothing to do with this. If you still doubt, write to him at jwsurvey.org.

• AndersonsInfo
  • Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

Some of us are following Steven closely Barbara. Your word is golden. Thank you for sharing and keeping us updated.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Thanks Barbara for sharing.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit