Unbelievable Assertion!!!!!!!

by The Searcher 94 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tec
    tec

I think that has been their message all along. They're just getting more blatant about saying it. They have taken the place of Christ. Go to them for life. Loyalty to them, is loyalty to God. They are the mouthpiece (Word) of God. They are the truth. No one gets to God except through them. Etc, etc.

I hope the more blatant that they get, the more people will hear what they are actually saying. "I am the Christ" (the very people Christ warned us to flee from)

Peace,

tammy

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I think that has been their message all along. They're just getting more blatant about saying it.

When you look back, Russell claimed that his writing would illuminate the truth of the Bible in a way that reading the Bible itself never could. That's not going so far as to say, "You need me as a conduit for the holy spirit", but it's an arrogant step in that direction that was taken, what, over a hundred years ago?

• cofty
    cofty
    I think that has been their message all along.

I don't think so Tammy. I really think there is a change in substance not just in style.

• tec
    tec

Okay, I see both your points. So at the beginning, not so much. But for a long time now, I think so. I think since the 2 classes doctrine, perhaps? And it would have to be a gradual shift, so that people don't recognize that they actually follow and put their faith in the GB and wts; rather than Christ and God.

Peace,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty

No I don't think so. In my opnion there has been a significant shift in recent years.

• tec
    tec

Okay. But imo, there is not much difference between saying get HS through the GB (I mean, do they even know what HS is, that one would get it from them?), over going to them for life, truth, mediation, 'words' of God, etc.

I see that they are more agressive about it, and perhaps did not themselves even realize that they have been claiming the seat and authority of Christ for some time now.

(even though their baptismal vows changed, and that totally changed the meaning behind the vow)

Just doesn't seem much different to me. If you leave the organization, you die. If you want life, you have to come into the org. No one gets to God except through the wts.

Peace,

tammy

• cantleave
    cantleave

Even if they thought that before, it has never been quite so explicitly stated.

• cofty
    cofty
    Just doesn't seem much different to me. - Tammy

I think its significant. If you had been a JW you would know.

It has always been understood that being part of the borg was essential for slavation but this is a whole new level.

• tec
    tec

Even if they thought that before, it has never been quite so explicitly stated.

Yes, that is what I see. They are more blatant about it now. They seem to be getting more and more blatant as time goes on. In the same way that others have noted that they are taking Christ out of the songs and such, more and more.

Peace,

tammy

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

WTShip is sinking fast!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit